The Student Room Group

Does right wing media make up lies about Muslim migrants, or...?

Scroll to see replies

People look at hijabi's as if they are not wearing the right clothes. But nowadays it's ok for someone to be naked in Music video's or adverts.
Original post by SwedenYes
Thankfully we'll never know, because we are wisely not allowed to talk about it :smile:

But if it's all hushed over won't that lead to a rise of fascist movements?
Original post by Ladymusiclover
But if it's all hushed over won't that lead to a rise of fascist movements?

Not if we are very thorough :wink:
Reply 83
Original post by al_94
The media makes money for hating on Islam/Muslims but I don't believe they are doing this just for money
Oh, the irony.

The point of this thread is asking why mainstream media do not report these events, or in the case of sources like the Guardian, why they actively promote a pro-Islam agenda.
You'd be hard-pressed to find a mainstream media source that highlights Islam's condoning of slavery, rape of slaves, domestic violence and gender/sexual/religious discrimination and persecution. Also, most politicians actively promote the "Islam is a religion of peace" trope.

So, as the media and politics are not forcing and anti-Islam agenda, where do you think that so many critics are getting their information from?
I'll give you a clue. It starts with "Quran" and ends with "sunnah".
I think that most of TV channels for instance exaggerate, they make citizens feel scared and when you are scared others can control you a lot easier. I've read articles saying crazy/supernatural lies about muslims but these sources aren't reliable anyway.. if people believe those stuff it must be because they are either extremely uneducated or it's what they want to hear. 😏
Original post by constantina98
I've read articles saying crazy/supernatural lies about muslims but these sources aren't reliable anyway.

For example......
Reply 86
Original post by *Alisha*
Western Culture is disrespectful itself that's why. Nudism?! Seriously?
Slavery? Seriously?
Raping slaves? Seriously?
Domestic violence? Seriously?
Stoning adulterers? Seriously?
Executing apostates? Seriously?

But yeah, those few nudists! Man, how do we live with ourselves?
Original post by HanSoloLuck
For example......

I'd like to post an article but it is not english. however, it talks about churches being destroyed in my area while nothing happened
Original post by constantina98
I'd like to post an article but it is not english. however, it talks about churches being destroyed in my area while nothing happened

OK, if you'd like to post it and I've asked to read it............where is it?
Reply 89
People look at hijabi's as if they are not wearing the right clothes. But nowadays it's ok for someone to be naked in Music video's or adverts.

"Naked". :rolleyes:
Reply 90
So true.
Plus everything is just because of the stupid ISIS terrorist group who call themselves Muslim who force Muslim CHILDREN to join them or they would just kill them. That is sad. Then they kill them in the end. Wow I just hate ISIS and I'm Muslim. But us Muslim's know that they aren't Muslims lol.

Not true Muslim fallacy.
Original post by QE2
Slavery? Seriously?
Raping slaves? Seriously?
Domestic violence? Seriously?
Stoning adulterers? Seriously?
Executing apostates? Seriously?

But yeah, those few nudists! Man, how do we live with ourselves?

Slavery? You should know the difference between a slave and a servant.
If Allah told men to rape women......then why would Allah want us (girls/women) to wear hijabi's to protect us from that.
Violence? The ISIS group are fake Muslim's
Stoning adulterers........stupid Arabs.
Why would we execute apostates? Unless they said something really offensive.
BTW I am only 1 Muslim. But really, there are like 1.5 billion Muslim's out there who are completely DIFFERENT, some take their religion seriously. But some don't.
PLUS it is also down to how you interpret the Qur'an. Interpretation is the main reason why you came to the conclusion that Islam is a religion of terrorism.
(edited 7 years ago)
If Allah told men to rape women......then why would Allah want us (girls/women) to wear hijabi's to protect us from that.

So very true, mold your strange logic into a crooked stick and beat him over the head with it.......... that's what he gets for telling lies.
So very true, mold your strange logic into a crooked stick and beat him over the head with it.......... that's what he gets for telling lies.

I feel sorry when you die.......you're going to be alone.
(edited 7 years ago)
I feel sorry when you die.......you're alone.

You feel sorry for me when I die, as in past tense? I'm not dead. How about this.

'I will feel sorry for you, when you die'

Fit for purpose, if not very basic, lets try and add some emotion, really put our stamp on it.

'The pity washes over me when I think of your demise, I beg of you, repent before the lord does smite thee down into the bowels of hell where you might only have hopelessness as company.'

You really stand a better chance of 'saving' people from eternal damnation if you put some effort into convincing them, this means first and foremost, learning the language to the point were you can be creative.
You feel sorry for me when I die, as in past tense? I'm not dead. How about this.

'I will feel sorry for you, when you die'

Fit for purpose, if not very basic, lets try and add some emotion, really put our stamp on it.

'The pity washes over me when I think of your demise, I beg of you, repent before the lord does smite thee down into the bowels of hell where you might only have hopelessness as company.'

You really stand a better chance of 'saving' people from eternal damnation if you put some effort into convincing them, this means first and foremost, learning the language to the point were you can be creative.

No I just feel sorry for you when you find out that Islam is the truth:smile:
No I just feel sorry for you when you find out that Islam is the truth:smile:

I digress.

'No, I will feel sorry for you when you find out that Islam is the truth'

Again, with an amendment or two it becomes functional. But it's not very convincing, how am I suppose to be fearful of going to hell with such a pitiful attempt at a threat. It doesn't even sound as though you believe it, there's no emotion behind your words.

Once more with gusto.

'I does pity thee, in thine rejection of the Lord our God of Heaven and earth from thine breast, thouest has forever been promised to know the eternal horrors which no man can fathom in his deepest anguish'

You see, that looks far more ominous, also makes me look kinda crazy so it's bound to literally put the fear of God in a few people. Wont Allah send you to hell if you don't start trying your hardest to frighten people?
Western Culture is disrespectful itself that's why. Nudism?! Seriously?

I'm assuming you're a Muslim based on your username. So I'll say the following to you.

1) If it bothers you so much, why are you living here? Or are you just here for the freebies? If you prefer a Muslim country, live there.

2) You're born into the world naked. If people prefer being naked then what's it to you? It's not hurting you or anyone. I walk around the house naked when I'm home alone. It's very liberating tbh.
I digress.

'No, I will feel sorry for you when you find out that Islam is the truth'

Again, with an amendment or two it becomes functional. But it's not very convincing, how am I suppose to be fearful of going to hell with such a pitiful attempt at a threat. It doesn't even sound as though you believe it, there's no emotion behind your words.

Once more with gusto.

'I does pity thee, in thine rejection of the Lord our God of Heaven and earth from thine breast, thouest has forever been promised to know the eternal horrors which no man can fathom in his deepest anguish'

You see, that looks far more ominous, also makes me look kinda crazy so it's bound to literally put the fear of God in a few people. Wont Allah send you to hell if you don't start trying your hardest to frighten people?

Well,l obviously there's no emotion behind my words because I'm not 'saying' the words. I'm 'typing' instead.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm assuming you're a Muslim based on your username. So I'll say the following to you.

1) If it bothers you so much, why are you living here? Or are you just here for the freebies? If you prefer a Muslim country, live there.

2) You're born into the world naked. If people prefer being naked then what's it to you? It's not hurting you or anyone. I walk around the house naked when I'm home alone. It's very liberating tbh.

It's not like I can make my own decision to leave the country....so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending