The Student Room Group

UK Muslim preacher now head of Somalia Islamic State

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByEeek
So does that mean we can put surveillance on all churches, meeting rooms, halls and why not in every home too? Have you read 1984? You should. If you apply something draconian to a group of people you apply it to yourself. Are you up for 24 interference from the state?

Yes I am. If you having nothing to hide then there's nothing to worry about. Put it in churches too :wink:
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
I'm glad we could host him while he recuperated his zeal. Beautiful, diverse, England.

Twas a privilege bestowed upon the hardworking taxpayers and every citizen earned 0.1 multicultralism points. Keep it up and we can lock in silver at the 2016 Rio behind Sweden
Original post by ByEeek
So does that mean we can put surveillance on all churches, meeting rooms, halls and why not in every home too? Have you read 1984? You should. If you apply something draconian to a group of people you apply it to yourself. Are you up for 24 interference from the state?

When Churches breed the same amount of danger and hate, they should be surveilled too.
Original post by BioStudentx
Yes I am. If you having nothing to hide then there's nothing to worry about. Put it in churches too :wink:

And if the police / state decide to frame you in order to improve their stats? Or is that a small price to pay?
Original post by MildredMalone
When Churches breed the same amount of danger and hate, they should be surveilled too.

I reckon there is a reasonable amount of prejudice / hate on this thread. But presumably because it is being deal by the "good" guys it is acceptable?
Original post by ByEeek
I reckon there is a reasonable amount of prejudice / hate on this thread. But presumably because it is being deal by the "good" guys it is acceptable?

I don't see how the presence of hated or prejudice has anything to do with the increasingly evident need to police the goings-on in mosques.
Original post by ByEeek
And if the police / state decide to frame you in order to improve their stats? Or is that a small price to pay?

What are you on about? Surely it's harder to frame to "improve their stats" whilst there is surveillance? Anyway you need to take your head out of the clouds and think rationally. Why would the police risk going to jail, their jobs and livelihood to "improve stats"?

You come up with the most ridiculous points.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BioStudentx
What are you on about? Surely it's harder to frame to "improve their stats" whilst their is surveillance? Anyway you need to take your head out of the clouds and think rationally. Why would the police risk going to jail, their jobs and livelihood to "improve stats"?

You come up with the most ridiculous points.

The ridiculousness is that you can somehow justify targeting mosques for enhanced surveillance. On what basis of law can you justify such measures? And if you change the law, it can not simply apply to mosques, it would have to apply to all meeting places including the ones you and I attend. No thank you very much.

Unless you are suggesting the law be changed to allow the discrimination or singling out of specific minority groups. If you want to live in that kind of society, I suggest you move to one of the many oppressive dictatorships around the world.
Original post by ByEeek
The ridiculousness is that you can somehow justify targeting mosques for enhanced surveillance. On what basis of law can you justify such measures? And if you change the law, it can not simply apply to mosques, it would have to apply to all meeting places including the ones you and I attend. No thank you very much.

Unless you are suggesting the law be changed to allow the discrimination or singling out of specific minority groups. If you want to live in that kind of society, I suggest you move to one of the many oppressive dictatorships around the world.

1) I already said that it doesn't only apply to mosques. Stop regurgitating old arguments. Also, most places you attend are under surveillance - cinemas, restaurants, markets etc.
2) Wow this is the third time you've repeated this, I said it can apply to all "holy" places.
But...but...right-wing conspiracy and all that.
Original post by Mango Milkshake
You can't "deport" citizens. This is their country.

You can deport anyone you want to, its not exactly hard if a government has the will.
[QUOTE=MildredMalone;64483725]When Churches breed the same amount of danger and hate, they should be surveilled too.

Oh, so now we have loads of mosques which breed hate and danger? Which ones are these exactly? Are they proven or just conjecture? What's the official statistics on the numbers of radicalised kids through mosques?

It's zero, you ignorant islamophobe. Islamic radicalisation happens through the internet via dodgy websites meeting depressed/dumb kids and small meetings in houses and cafes/resteraunts.

I wanna see you provide some proof to show that mosques should be under surveillance.
Religion needs to be eradicated from the minds of the people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butternuts96
Oh, so now we have loads of mosques which breed hate and danger? Which ones are these exactly? Are they proven or just conjecture? What's the official statistics on the numbers of radicalised kids through mosques?

It's zero, you ignorant islamophobe. Islamic radicalisation happens through the internet via dodgy websites meeting depressed/dumb kids and small meetings in houses and cafes/resteraunts.

I wanna see you provide some proof to show that mosques should be under surveillance.

She was radicalised in a mosque. And also, nearly half of GB mosques are owned by extremist groups. Such places should definetly be monitored. So apparently it's not zero!

Do you watch the news? If so, then you should know at least one example - Glasgow Central Mosque. There is all kinds of evidence of dangerous extremism going on there, just google it.
Original post by ByEeek

Its not 24 hours interference, it would be 24 hours surveillance in extreme circumstances (e.g. you've researched "how to make bomb", "jihad music video" etc.)

Its not like they're that interested in finding out granny's biscuit recipes, or what kind of **** you *** to
[QUOTE=MildredMalone;64502119]She was radicalised in a mosque. And also, nearly half of GB mosques are owned by extremist groups. Such places should definetly be monitored. So apparently it's not zero!

1. It says "apparently" she was radicalised in the mosque charity called IFE.
2. That's false. IFE and the East London Mosque said that that was completely false and they have nothing to do with terror.
3. I KNOW it's false because I live in that area and go to that mosque; IFE isn't part of the mosque anyways as it's in a separate building and even if it was inside the mosque, they have no proven links to terror
4. I repeat myself, from my own eyes, that they are the opposite of supporting terrorism.
5. No mosque in Britain is owned by extremist groups. This claim is dumb and unfounded. I can guarantee that as a fact.
6. In fact, if betting was allowed, I would put bg money on that being untrue (because it IS untrue).

Stop using conjecture and false claims to spread hate.
[QUOTE=Luke Kostanjsek;64502291]Do you watch the news? If so, then you should know at least one example - Glasgow Central Mosque. There is all kinds of evidence of dangerous extremism going on there, just google it.

GCW doesn't have any links to extremism. I think this one guy (as a one off) spoke some controversial stuff about this killing in pakistan and all of a sudden, GCW is the hub of extremism and so are the majority of mosques? You still haven't provided one shed of evidence that the majority of mosques (or even one mosque) radicalising people. Because you can't.

But you're an islamophobe and you don't need conclusive evidence to feeed your hatred.
2. That's false. IFE and the East London Mosque said that that was completely false and they have nothing to do with terror.

I mean, they'd have no reason at all to lie!

3. I KNOW it's false because I live in that area and go to that mosque; IFE isn't part of the mosque anyways as it's in a separate building and even if it was inside the mosque, they have no proven links to terror

Gosh, sounds like you have no reason to lie in their defense either!

5. No mosque in Britain is owned by extremist groups. This claim is dumb and unfounded. I can guarantee that as a fact.
6. In fact, if betting was allowed, I would put bg money on that being untrue (because it IS untrue).

That's a pretty big claim. No-one claimed that all mosques were involved with extremism, and unless you can prove it saying no mosques are is pretty daft.
GCW doesn't have any links to extremism. I think this one guy (as a one off) spoke some controversial stuff about this killing in pakistan and all of a sudden, GCW is the hub of extremism and so are the majority of mosques? You still haven't provided one shed of evidence that the majority of mosques (or even one mosque) radicalising people. Because you can't.

But you're an islamophobe and you don't need conclusive evidence to feeed your hatred.

I wasn't suggesting all mosques are hubs of extremism, you asked which mosques are centres of extremism and I gave an example of one which very possibly is. If you're asking for evidence, here are some news articles pertaining to this mosque that I found in 30 seconds after googling it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35484187
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35928089
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35893123
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/glasgow-central-mosque-accused-hiding-links-anti-ahmadi-hate-speech-group-1555662
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/18/scottish-muslim-groups-ahmadi-anti-extremism-campaign-launch-glasgow
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14450371.Police_seize_anti_Ahmadi_poster_from_Glasgow_shop_amid__hate_preaching__concerns/
http://www.scotsman.com/news/glasgow-central-mosque-leader-praises-pakistan-extremist-1-4082475

That's just a smattering which would indicate that there is real cause for concern about the going-ons at this mosque. I believe there was also a recent report about a group of mosques in London which have seen many of their number leave to join IS, which are being investigated, although I can't quite remember the names of the mosques in question.

Also, please do tell me what I've said to suggest I'm an Islamophobe or hate Muslims. Please. Because I'd be interested to know what I have said that could possibly be construed as saying that I hate Muslims. I dislike Islam as a religion, but then I dislike all Abrahamic religions because they all preach things that I consider morally reprehensible. Nothing I've said remotely suggests I hold such a view towards Muslims, so stop talking such utter *******s. That's not an accusation I take kindly to, especially when it's being made groundlessly. So frankly, you can take your lefty, apologist, foaming-at-the-mouth loony complex and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I shan't be responding to any more of your comments because you quite clearly have no sense of common decency, much less how to have a reasoned debate without throwing your toys out the pram when someone disagrees with you.

Quick Reply

Latest