I'm done, watching the F1 instead.

Original post by Lúcio
I've already turned it off to do the same :tongue:

Original post by surina16
I think we've all done the same :redface:

Strong standard of supporter in this thread
Original post by difeo

In fairness this game means nothing to us anyway, so I'd just rather not get pissed off watching terrible football from my team, especially if the match itself doesn't meant anything.
Should just sub off Coutinho and Sturridge and Clyne off.
Original post by Zerforax
Should just sub off Coutinho and Sturridge and Clyne off.

We're not getting anything here so might as well rest them.
Original post by difeo

Been to 17 games this season, I have a free pass on this one.
Original post by Lúcio
In fairness this game means nothing to us anyway, so I'd just rather not get pissed off watching terrible football from my team, especially if the match itself doesn't meant anything.

It matters for getting EL. A loss here means Southampton are 1 point behind you in the last spot (assuming United win the FA Cup)
****. I mean seriously ****.
Original post by Lúcio
We're not getting anything here so might as well rest them.

**** sake. Coutinho and Chirivella off.

I bet Sturridge plays for 90 minutes :mad:
2-1 Benteke.
Reply 7051
now for all the fans who said they stopped watching to return
3-1.
Too many injuries atm for us to cope with Europe and domestic games, our squad is poor enough as it is with injuries its even worse.
Brad Smith sent off...
I'm not bothered if we lose an unimportant game because we were fielding a weakened side and weren't good enough.
I'm bothered if we lose because we just didn't care, and today was the worst attitude I've seen from a Liverpool side in a very long time. Embarrassing.
Sturridge went down the tunnel straight away, not applauding the away fans. Off he goes in the summer. Think he won't start on Thursday as he played 90 mins today.
We'll play the same side we played in the first leg, which worries me a little because I can't see where the goals will come from. And we need goals.
Original post by LFC_fan_321
Sturridge went down the tunnel straight away, not applauding the away fans. Off he goes in the summer. Think he won't start on Thursday as he played 90 mins today.

Tbh I don't particularly blame him. Arguably our best player in the team and if not that, our best striker and if not even that, our best current fit striker.

Yet he got played with the kids and won't start/play in our biggest game this season.

Wonder what he did to annoy Klopp?
Right, where to start?

May as well start with Ward and Clyne: the only two to come out with any credit whatsoever. The former can probably do better on at least one of the goals, but they kept their heads when all about them were losing theirs, and proved themselves competent.

Aside from that, we were abject. We were abysmal. It was a lesson for the youngsters - hopefully a needed and necessary one - but I have a feeling this will be one of the last times we see a large portion of these players in a Liverpool shirt.

Skrtel? Dreadful. Get him gone. Chirivella and Stewart couldn't cope with the pace, couldn't cope with the pressing. I have sympathy for them, because they were forced to anchor a midfield without any obvious experience or somebody to coach them through the game.

Coutinho went AWOL - he simply didn't look bothered. And who can blame him? He and Sturridge forced to play with kids in South Wales just a few hours after returning from Spain.

Elsewhere, Ojo showed glimpses of brilliance but will need to be used sparingly and needs to develop tonnes more, while Ibe looks like he has no future with us. He was poor today. Very poor. He needs a season-long loan somewhere next season.

I don't think Lucas has a future in the midfield, and for that reason, I'd be looking to extend Allen's contract. Benteke showed glimpses of effectiveness, but the game was played behind he and Sturridge for the majority.

As for Brad Smith...well, he was a walking red card. Saw that coming a mile off.

Latest