The Student Room Group

German police detain 400 antifascists who were trying to end an anti-Islam conference

Scroll to see replies

The "Anti-fascists" are a real threat to the Western world, they all need locking up.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Its not nice that you want to just lock up people with severe mental illness :colone:

They can be sectioned under the mental health act, after all, they are a danger to themselves and / or others.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Yet you all make a fuss when those on the left do single out the Jewish religion. Singling out all practising Muslims is the same as singling out practising Jews. It's the same kind of prejudice against a group of people. Hence why ant-fascists will fight fascists doing their fascists thing against Muslims.

I also bet that ex-Muslim is of the left. The left is not a homogeneous group and censoring regressive left feminists do not make it up in its entirety.

So we should appease fascists? Maybe we should be appeasing the Islamo-fascist ISIS to?

It is all very confusing really if you are of the left but want to be always in the right.

Who are the fascists nowadays? Is it us now? Or some of us? Who is really left wing and who are the regressive left?

Are Muslims oppressed by Jews or are Muslim's anti semites?

Are gays persecuted by Muslims or are gay people Islamophobes?

Ya de ya de ya. Yawn.

The intellectually bankrupt left disappears up its own rear end whilst the racist right gets stronger and stronger and stronger all over Europe...
Original post by QE2
It's because some on the liberal far-left equate "Islam" with "Brown Foreigners" (an ironically racist position)

Thank you! I've pointed this out here a number of times. Like how you get idiots talking about Muslims and white people like they're automatically different things.

For example I remember a thread someone made where some white guy tried to plant a bomb in a shopping centre and OP was like "see! White people can be terrorists too!" And other mongs saying stuff like "if it was a white person doing this instead of a Muslim, the reaction would be different!"

These people were too simple to realise that they're inferring that Muslims are all brown people. In their heads, they think when people criticise Islam or Muslim terrorists, they're conflating Muslims with brown people so it must be racist. But the reality is they're projecting as the only people doing this racist thing is themselves
Interesting how anti-Fascists want to prevent others from voicing their opinion. Some of these idiots need to read a damn book.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Thank you! I've pointed this out here a number of times. Like how you get idiots talking about Muslims and white people like they're automatically different things.

For example I remember a thread someone made where some white guy tried to plant a bomb in a shopping centre and OP was like "see! White people can be terrorists too!" And other mongs saying stuff like "if it was a white person doing this instead of a Muslim, the reaction would be different!"

These people were too simple to realise that they're inferring that Muslims are all brown people. In their heads, they think when people criticise Islam or Muslim terrorists, they're conflating Muslims with brown people so it must be racist. But the reality is they're projecting as the only people doing this racist thing is themselves

Ironically other left-wing movements, lead by/for Africans, are equally and overtly racist while calling for an end to racism. Demanding both a color blind stance and preferential treatment/compensation based on the color of their skin.
Likewise, the new gender fad is more of the same, 'we are all the same and equal' followed by 'we need special accommodations and positive discrimination'.

They are self perpetuating concepts, the more ground they gain the more 'racism' or trans-phobia they find inherent in the system. To an extent it is true, our society wasn't built around Africans and their high crime rates/educational needs or pre-op transgender non-binary George and his desperate need to be allowed in to the women's only changing rooms alongside 6 year old Nancy. There are simply no laws or services in place for these demographics, or very few, when they fail en masse at education or at job applications because companies/schools don't know how to handle them or don't have the resources to accommodate them it is discriminatory.
Actually, the far left is also getting stronger across Europe (the Greens in Germany and Austria, far left populists in Spain, Italy, Greece, etc.), but the media is always panicking about the 'far-right'. It is the centre which is disappearing.

I agree pretty much. Especially about the media's fear of the "far right."

It is just that the the far left has always had more of a presence in continental Europe than in the UK. From the time of Rosa Luxemburg through to the Nazi seizure of power it was a fight to the death of hard left versus hard right in Germany. Italy too, before Mussolini. France had the "Popular Front" in the thirties, and of course Spain had its Civil War.

Then after WW2 there was a lot of continued support for Soviet Communism which mutated into "Euro Communism."

It was the norm to have a strong hard left on much of the continent for most of the twentieth century. . So I don't see what is happening now as particularly extraordinary, from a historical perspective.

The Greens are a new phenomenon I suppose. A pretty unwelcome one...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JezWeCan!
I agree pretty much. Especially about the media's fear of the "far right."

It is just that the the far left has always had more of a presence in continental Europe than in the UK. From the time of Rosa Luxemburg through to the Nazi seizure of power it was a fight to the death of hard left versus hard right in Germany. Italy too, before Mussolini. France had the "Popular Front" in the thirties, and of course Spain had its Civil War.

Then after WW2 there was a lot of continued support for Soviet Communism which mutated into "Euro Communism."

It was the norm to have a strong hard left on much of the continent for most of the twentieth century. . So I don't see what is happening now as particularly extraordinary, from a historical perspective.

The Greens are a new phenomenon I suppose. A pretty unwelcome one...

Well we see it with the thugs sorry mean "protesters" at the Trump rallies. At the moment, the overwhelming majority of the time it's the far-left causing carnage and vioence as they're trying to shut down everyone who's not the same as them. Both in Europe (especially here) and in America
True

Actually, anti-fascists seem to be thugs looking for a socially acceptable way to be violent

In Leipzig it is very common that on the first of May the left and the right meet for open street fighting.

But please do not put all anti-fascists into that category.
Actually, the far left is also getting stronger across Europe (the Greens in Germany and Austria, far left populists in Spain, Italy, Greece, etc.), but the media is always panicking about the 'far-right'. It is the centre which is disappearing.

The Greens are the far left party in Germany? Not Die Linke?

I must have missed something. Especially the part when the Green party was in government at the beginning of the 2000s.
Die Linke is also far left, but they lost a lot of their voters to the AfD :wink:

Being in government or not, doesn't determine if they are far left or not.

But it reflects their popularity, no?

And to describe the Greens as "far left" is also quite a stretch.
It reflects how similar the far left is to the far right

Here's one of your moderate German Greens:

What are you trying to get at? Anyone who has ever studies history and understood some of it, knows its a circle not a line. Of course they are close.

What does that have to do with the overall policies of the Greens?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending