The Student Room Group

Tory MP's vote AGAINST allowing 3000 refugee children into the UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by hazzer1998
Oh my god people voted against letting migrants in !!!!!!!!
How terrible ... Must make a pointless thread about it

Mad how you're probably not even old enough to vote yet here you are trying to speak out like a big boy. It's a trivial issue to you of course because you are beyond naive. Go finish your milk kid.
Original post by DorianGrayism
as opposed to objective emotion.

emotions as a concept are an objective concept
but emotions applied to reality are always subjective in that they are felt with subjectivity when the events that trigger them are social and varying, not material and determined.
I didn't even need to say this but I'm scared you don't understand why emotions aren't a good yard stick for making political decisions in a world of realpolitik.
Even if its only 3000 and there are millions of children living in poverty around the world, if we had helped those 3000 that would have made a big difference that would have meant there were 3000 less children living in poverty.
Reply 123
Original post by AliRizzo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36134837

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/25/tories-vote-against-accepting-3000-child-refugees

Was surprised not to see this thread already, although I may have missed it, it seems the Tory powers that be on here have nothing to say.

There is a danger of adults pretenting to be unacoumpanied children. Like in Sweden happened.
Original post by BubbleBoobies
emotions as a concept are an objective concept
but emotions applied to reality are always subjective
in that they are felt with subjectivity when the events that trigger them are social and varying, not material and determined.

Aka no such thing as objective emotion.

Original post by BubbleBoobies

I didn't even need to say this but I'm scared you don't understand why emotions aren't a good yard stick for making political decisions in a world of realpolitik.

When did I say they were?
(edited 7 years ago)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36134837

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/25/tories-vote-against-accepting-3000-child-refugees

Was surprised not to see this thread already, although I may have missed it, it seems the Tory powers that be on here have nothing to say.

I am not a tory, but fantastic news,more school places for the British, the future generation has 3000 less people to compete with when buying an house making it less over subscribed. The problem is with Islam (cue the islamphobia brigade)- get your disco bus started up) a lot of islamic immigrants are not compatible with western democracy. You could argue raising children here would make them more intergratable but I would rather let as little muslims into Britain as possible.Before i get attacked for this- i have used free speach and said absolutely nothing discriminative
Reply 126
Original post by drosstalk
I am not a tory, but fantastic news,more school places for the British, the future generation has 3000 less people to compete with when buying an house making it less over subscribed. The problem is with Islam (cue the islamphobia brigade)- get your disco bus started up) a lot of islamic immigrants are not compatible with western democracy. You could argue raising children here would make them more intergratable but I would rather let as little muslims into Britain as possible.Before i get attacked for this- i have used free speach and said absolutely nothing discriminative

Got cancer from reading this post. 'Intergratable' hahaha can't argue with that kind of knowledge. Not worth the time of the day lad.
Got cancer from reading this post. 'Intergratable' hahaha can't argue with that kind of knowledge. Not worth the time of the day lad.

If id get to power i would kill every non english born muslim Id be re-elected 10 times in a row by the british public for getting rid of scum. Bet your whipped by Saudi teachings of Islam- which tells you killing others is fine, go down the pub drink a pint, eat some pork scratichings put a bet on and shut up
I would take Europeans ( Not ones who have got citizenship from asia), I would take people out of poverty in south america- I dont want Any Ragheads in Britain
Original post by niv1234
Even if its only 3000 and there are millions of children living in poverty around the world, if we had helped those 3000 that would have made a big difference that would have meant there were 3000 less children living in poverty.
Original post by nulli tertius
This is a political stunt. It has nothing to do with compassion for refugees. If the government had said "yes", the opposition would have demanded 6,000. There is no winning position for government here; so do nothing, shut up and let Labour talk themselves out on the matter.

I am not sure this is completely true. It would be true if they were proposing to take endlessly more children directly from Syrian camps. This would merely be escalating existing policy up to a point where the government would have to say no for fear of alienating its supporters on the right.

But they are advocating taking children who are already being resettled elsewhere in the EU. What they are trying to do is tie British immigration policy to Merkel's policy, which so far the government has explicitly refused to do.

Their proposals would, for the money spent, do about the least possible good, but have the effect of opening the floodgates for some large fraction of the 1-2m people currently in Europe to be resettled in Britain. There would no longer be a strong principled argument against it.
Mad how you're probably not even old enough to vote yet here you are trying to speak out like a big boy. It's a trivial issue to you of course because you are beyond naive. Go finish your milk kid.

I'm sorry should young people not be interested in politics? Are they not entitled to express their opinion?

It's mad how you attack someone's opinion because of their age despite the fact they are obviously interested in politics.

The government did their job in doing what is best for citizens of this country if you don't like it tough, it seems you are the naive one how many people do you think that the government should allow in? Should we be like Germany?

Do you have any logical points on this? You started this thread and then made 2 posts ignoring what was said and insulting people.
Reply 131
Original post by joecphillips
I'm sorry should young people not be interested in politics? Are they not entitled to express their opinion?

It's mad how you attack someone's opinion because of their age despite the fact they are obviously interested in politics.

The government did their job in doing what is best for citizens of this country if you don't like it tough, it seems you are the naive one how many people do you think that the government should allow in? Should we be like Germany?

Do you have any logical points on this? You started this thread and then made 2 posts ignoring what was said and insulting people.

Yes, because the kid's post was highly logical and contributed so much to the discussion, right? And the second post I made was more than relevant given the replies to it, as the poster turned out to be a troll (and that's being kind). Both were trolls who have no understanding of politics, no need to discuss anything with them. Perhaps you should have noticed that before trying to attack me, no?
Yes, because the kid's post was highly logical and contributed so much to the discussion, right? And the second post I made was more than relevant given the replies to it, as the poster turned out to be a troll (and that's being kind). Both were trolls who have no understanding of politics, no need to discuss anything with them. Perhaps you should have noticed that before trying to attack me, no?

Yes the mhoc mp knows absolutely nothing about politics.

lol You've no right to act this condescending to anybody on here when your OP shows you to be this guy:

tf6rEPq.png
Reply 134
Original post by KimKallstrom
lol You've no right to act this condescending to anybody on here when your OP shows you to be this guy:

tf6rEPq.png

So you're a racist as well it seems, who would have thought it? Oh wait.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending