The Student Room Group

So very worried :(

I've got my first A2 exam in just over 7 weeks and I can't seem to get into my revision yet. I've only finished one of my courses out of my three subjects and the teachers are setting me lots of homework which I'm struggling to balance with my revision.

I can't see myself passing or getting into uni and I feel like no matter how much effort I put in, I won't get the grades I want. Any advice? :frown:
Im in the exact same situation, i dont know if its the same for you (i dont know which courses you are doing) but to me i feel like doing homework is the best revision, sitting down reading dosent seem to work for me, but it could be different for you. give it a week and see how it goes, thats what i did in A1 and its worked
Hi!
I get how you feel! Sometimes, I have no motivation at all to revise and I feel like I am never going to revise. You still have around 7 weeks, try and break up your revision into little bits rather than massive chunks which will be difficult to revise and will also mean that you will not remember it all.

If it's a subject that has a lot of detailed content, then explain a topic to friends or family and get them to write notes and afterwards have a look at their notes so you can see which bits you have missed out.

Remember, try and make revision as interesting as you can since you will learn the content that way, if its boring you wont remember anything! Another top tip for A level exams are that if you dont understand anything YOU MUST ASK YOUR TEACHER. They will know how to explain it to you and can give you one-to-one support on that subject.

Lastly, stay motivated. If you want, print out a picture of the uni you wanna go to or the job you want then stick it where you revise and every time you get distracted or unmotivated just look at it and remember why you're revising.
Sorry for being corny at times but I hope I helped! Good luck for your exams though!!
Reply 3
Original post by Theworriedbanana
Hi!
I get how you feel! Sometimes, I have no motivation at all to revise and I feel like I am never going to revise. You still have around 7 weeks, try and break up your revision into little bits rather than massive chunks which will be difficult to revise and will also mean that you will not remember it all.

If it's a subject that has a lot of detailed content, then explain a topic to friends or family and get them to write notes and afterwards have a look at their notes so you can see which bits you have missed out.

Remember, try and make revision as interesting as you can since you will learn the content that way, if its boring you wont remember anything! Another top tip for A level exams are that if you dont understand anything YOU MUST ASK YOUR TEACHER. They will know how to explain it to you and can give you one-to-one support on that subject.

Lastly, stay motivated. If you want, print out a picture of the uni you wanna go to or the job you want then stick it where you revise and every time you get distracted or unmotivated just look at it and remember why you're revising.
Sorry for being corny at times but I hope I helped! Good luck for your exams though!!

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try those ideas for revision and hope it works. I'm just really worried about my A2 for English language because it's so technical and heavy going and I'm scared it's not going in and staying in my head

I'm worried I won't be ready for my exams in time
I feel you! I usually look forward to exams (they're like a competition to me and I love competing) but with A2 I'm feeling overwhelmed. The synoptic aspect of A2 is killing me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by robin sheridan
Im in the exact same situation, i dont know if its the same for you (i dont know which courses you are doing) but to me i feel like doing homework is the best revision, sitting down reading dosent seem to work for me, but it could be different for you. give it a week and see how it goes, thats what i did in A1 and its worked

I'm doing English Lang, Drama and Classics. I'm worried most for my English and Classics, especially since I want to do Classics at uni but English is so overwhelming with all the technical terms and I don't know what to do. It doesn't feel like any of the notes or information I take go into my head. I feel like I'm getting too much homework that's eating up my time for revision, so I've started doing revision first and then my homework
Reply 6
Original post by Sacred Ground
I feel you! I usually look forward to exams (they're like a competition to me and I love competing) but with A2 I'm feeling overwhelmed. The synoptic aspect of A2 is killing me

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just so overwhelming, I'm so worried that thinking of results day now is making me feel sick
Original post by bakasloth
It's just so overwhelming, I'm so worried that thinking of results day now is making me feel sick

Where have you applied to uni and which course/requirements?
Original post by bakasloth
I've got my first A2 exam in just over 7 weeks and I can't seem to get into my revision yet. I've only finished one of my courses out of my three subjects and the teachers are setting me lots of homework which I'm struggling to balance with my revision.

I can't see myself passing or getting into uni and I feel like no matter how much effort I put in, I won't get the grades I want. Any advice? :frown:

Sorry you are worried, its natural though. You cna do plenty in the time left, just get organised. Use each day well and just do consistent revision. the homework will stop soon, just get it out of the way.

The worrying doesnt get you anywhere, try to focus just on doing your best. Try not to waste time, do enough but not too much and rememver to eat, sleep, and relax as well so you are in good shape.

Quick Reply

Latest