The Student Room Group

I don't think I can do STEP

I have been given an offer for Maths at Cambridge (which I was amazed, surprised and very grateful for) and I've been trying to practise STEP to make the offer. I sat a full (STEP II) mock last week (with ~2 months until my exams) and I thought I'd done*ok* (not a 1 yet but I almost finished 4 whole questions) and it got marked and wasn't even a 2. If I can't get a good grade on II then III is no where near possible. Everyone else who got an offer seems to be flying away with it and I feel like I can't even begin to do well in it. I don't know what to do. Is there anyone else out there who is drowning with this?
Reply 1
Original post by E.Crowley
I have been given an offer for Maths at Cambridge (which I was amazed, surprised and very grateful for) and I've been trying to practise STEP to make the offer. I sat a full (STEP II) mock last week (with ~2 months until my exams) and I thought I'd done*ok* (not a 1 yet but I almost finished 4 whole questions) and it got marked and wasn't even a 2. If I can't get a good grade on II then III is no where near possible. Everyone else who got an offer seems to be flying away with it and I feel like I can't even begin to do well in it. I don't know what to do. Is there anyone else out there who is drowning with this?

Have you been on here - they are a helpful and supportive bunch:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3478331
STEP Prep Thread 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Have you been on here - they are a helpful and supportive bunch:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3478331
STEP Prep Thread 2016

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you
Original post by E.Crowley

STEP is really hard, and doing badly on your first mock isn't worrying, I expect it happens to most people. I got a low 3 on my first STEP I mock, and although I'm certainly not comfortable with STEP II and III, I've improved a lot in not much time. Keep on doing questions, learn what your strengths are, don't compare yourself too much with other people, and you have as good a chance as anyone at getting the grades you need. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest