The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE CORE SCIENCE Exams in MAY

A place to help each other, learn and benefit from everyone's contribution as well as the revision advice. Lets all try our best for these exams and support each other during the process.

I found recording myself saying the content and listening back to it when I'm travelling really helped me

I made sure I knew all the content before I attempted any past paper questions

Use keywords in your answers, that's what gets you the mark

Do a good amount of past papers, if you complete them all attempt the IGCSE ones

Definitely mark every paper you do, if you are struggling to mark it ask your teacher to do it for you

See where you have gone wrong and look to improve on the section for the next paper you do

Try teaching someone a section you're not confident on

Reply 2
Original post by undercxver

I found recording myself saying the content and listening back to it when I'm travelling really helped me

I made sure I knew all the content before I attempted any past paper questions

Use keywords in your answers, that's what gets you the mark

Do a good amount of past papers, if you complete them all attempt the IGCSE ones

Definitely mark every paper you do, if you are struggling to mark it ask your teacher to do it for you

See where you have gone wrong and look to improve on the section for the next paper you do

Try teaching someone a section you're not confident on

Oh ok, thanks that is very helpful. I will try them out !!!
Hey :smile:

I'm also doing the core science edexcel exams in May - are you doing additional or triple science? :smile:
Reply 4

Spoiler

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I am doing the core science exams from edexcel as I am still in year 10. The dates for the three exams are:

Biology, Influences on life B1 - Tuesday 17TH MAY 2016

Chemistry, In our world C1 - Thursday 19TH MAY 2016

Physics, Universal Physics P1 - Wednesday 25TH MAY 2016

During Year 11 I will have my additional and triple science exams- i think. :smile:
I wish you good luck for the upcoming exams !
Reply 5
Original post by CherryTea

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I am doing the core science exams from edexcel as I am still in year 10. The dates for the three exams are:

Biology, Influences on life B1 - Tuesday 17TH MAY 2016

Chemistry, In our world C1 - Thursday 19TH MAY 2016

Physics, Universal Physics P1 - Wednesday 25TH MAY 2016

During Year 11 I will have my additional and triple science exams- i think. :smile:
I wish you good luck for the upcoming exams !

To caitlinford3, the account that replied to your question was my sisters sorry for the inconvenience, but i did write that reply. :wink:
Original post by SamuraiSami
To caitlinford3, the account that replied to your question was my sisters sorry for the inconvenience, but i did write that reply. :wink:

Ah I see. I am also doing triple yet our exams were all linear, so I'm sitting all 9 this year - a lot of content :smile:
Reply 7
Oh I see, so are you in you're 11th year of education ( year 11 in secondary school)?

Quick Reply

Latest