The Student Room Group

Can Boys & Girls Be Friends?

Can Boys & Girls really be friends? I had a best friend who is a girl, we argued everyday because I caught feelings. In the end, I just ended it because I couldn't be asked to argue anymore, and don't really miss her I'm just living life as normal now :smile:. GCSES incoming !!

Scroll to see replies

yes they can.
I don't think so, my best friend is a guy, and we talk about everything..literally everything..and he's got a girlfriend atm so I don't necessarily think that they can't be very close friends...coz I am unbelievably close to him...
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes they can.I am friends with guys and no feelings have developed at all.6 yrs as well:smile:
But i get pissed when girls in my year think there is something happening between us cause we always talk.But that doesn't stop us from being friends:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Aww I totally get what you mean by that...but you shouldn't let your friendship be destroyed because of those feelings sometimes they have to be ignored just so you can keep that friendship scared...and friendship means a lot to me, if something ever happened to us, I don't think I could forgive myself because of that bond that we share...and besides my best friend, his girlfriend doesn't like me-she thinks that me and him are far too close for her liking, and so we haven't really seen much of each other-but sometimes feelings are the ones that help the bond grow closer-do you get what I mean?? :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Exactly! But don't worry-you know sometimes, it's never too late to go and fix a broken friendship...you never know you could be more closer than you think! :smile: I hope it works out for you!
(edited 4 years ago)
Course guys and girls can be friends, don't see why people make such an issue out of it.
Reply 7
Acquaintances yes, friends probably, close/good friends no. Well I know I can't be REALLY good friends with a girl without developping feelings at some point.
yeah of course:smile:
Reply 9
Yes. Of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. It always ends up with someone catching feelings. Humans were put on this earth to procreate just like other animals.
Yes, they can be friends. But it's a decision. One will almost certainly fancy the other at some point. If it's a long enough friendship, those feelings will probably come and go.

At least, that's my experience.
You can of course, but feelings are likely to develop at some point, just have to be mature about what to do with them
Absolutely, even close friends.
3/4 of my best friends are female (im male) but i am also gay, so I might be cheating the system a bit. :P
Yes, if you know that you can't make each other happy romantically but still enjoy each other's company, she's just a friend really, not a potential addition to your number of girls you ****ed.
Reply 16
In my experience i tend to be friends with only girls im attracted to and so i usually catch feelings, usually only physically but sometimes mentally which sucks :/
Reply 17
Yes.
/thread
Reply 18
I think for guys at least the very natural extension of a good friendship with a girl is the bedroom. And if you find her physically attractive too it's certain that unspeakable thoughts rear their head. And if there is a tangible rejection the friendship suffers. But friendship is more straightforward if you don't fancy the person physically or you are in a relationship. Isnt 'When Harry met Sally' the definitive wor on this topic though?
Reply 19
Original post by Goldy69
In my experience i tend to be friends with only girls im attracted to and so i usually catch feelings, usually only physically but sometimes mentally which sucks :/

This.

I don't see the point in being friends with a girl if I'm not attracted to her because I prefer male friends, at least you can share hobbies with them and I don't know, it's different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending