The Student Room Group

How much harder are A-Levels harder than GCSE's?

Also how much more revision should you do for A-level exams than GCSE's?
Reply 1
Original post by 2016_GCSE

Maths and sciences which I did are much harder, particularly Physics and Chemistry (I dropped Chemistry at AS)
Reply 2
A lot.

/thread
Heres the honest **** if you do an easy syllabus like AQA or OCR A levels its super easy if you do CIE or edexcel its way harder than the other syllabuses ,Its just all ******** at the end,and to just add GCSE is the most useless years i never studied one bit and just studied near the exams and got a decent mark the only time in your life you need to study is A levels ,Before that you can do whatever you want.
Original post by F Edexcel
Heres the honest **** if you do an easy syllabus like AQA or OCR A levels its super easy if you do CIE or edexcel its way harder than the other syllabuses ,Its just all ******** at the end,and to just add GCSE is the most useless years i never studied one bit and just studied near the exams and got a decent mark the only time in your life you need to study is A levels ,Before that you can do whatever you want.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OCR and AQA are far from easy!

For example: OCR Salters Chemistry.
(edited 7 years ago)
A lot harder.
Reply 6
A lot easier.
Nope its easy ,just took a look at the chem past paper. Have look at ed excel chem then you can clearly tell the difference
Original post by 2016_GCSE

If you find all the relevant free resources available for your subject online, from day one, it's not too bad. If your subject doesn't have many (or you never bothered to look) then it will be particularly difficult and will probs require work from much earlier on in the year (or some crazy intense cramming at the end which will get extremely stressful)
Just another thing too add Bio/Che/Physics and maths are the only real subjects Lol but its the truth rest is all Bs and falls under these Real Talk
For alevels you could literally revise the day before and get a B
For GCSEs you have to really know the content, revise about 1-2 months before, practice every single past paper and even pray to God, Jesus and Obama to get a A grade

Sorry, it's the other way around :u:
Original post by F Edexcel
Just another thing too add Bio/Che/Physics and maths are the only real subjects Lol but its the truth rest is all Bs and falls under these Real Talk

Essay based subjects are equally as strenuous. History, Lit , Geo , Languages.

Don't belittle other subjects.
Reply 12
It also depends on what your foundation, lets say you did additional qualifications for your desired A-levels subjects, you'll find it more easier and might not even feel a jump from GCSE to AS level.
Reply 13
What and where can I find the free resources?
Chemistry gets a bit ridiculous -- even the AS stuff is pretty difficult (especially if you have no interest in Chemistry). Physics is certainly more difficult, but not to the magnitude of chemistry. Maths requires more practise due to the rigority of it, however that's compensated by the fact that it becomes significantly more interesting. Economics can get quite difficult in microeconomic theory of the firm due to the usage of graphs and graph relationships, but apart from that its progression of difficulty is much more 'natural' and manageable.

All-in-all, yeah -- it's quite a bit harder
Please don't feed the troll.
Original post by lulucoco98
Essay based subjects are equally as strenuous. History, Lit , Geo , Languages.

Don't belittle other subjects.

Completely agree with you. :smile:

The poster is a troll and trolls go away when ignored.
A LOT HARDER!! No, maths is much harder, chem is impossible, biology is harder but okay, and English lit is basically like gcse but just in more detail. Atm I feel like I could literally revise 24/7 for a year and I'd still get a D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply