The Student Room Group

How to get a job in a supermarket?

Hi, i would really like to get a job in a supermarket yet there is never any part time vacancies online?
Do supermarkets still accept a cv handed in person?
Thanks
You just need to keep looking, they rarely accept CVs in store purely because it gets put behind the desk and forgotten about...
Supermarkets are running at very tight costs at the minute so they will not often be employing. I currently work for Morrison's and I know that not many of their stores are recruiting at the min. However when they do recruit, they will advertise on posters near the customer service desk. Maybe just go into the local supermarkets and see whether they are accepting job applications.
Reply 3
Original post by Robert8x
Hi, i would really like to get a job in a supermarket yet there is never any part time vacancies online?
Thanks

I think many places get you to apply online now but i think they recruit mainly for summer and for xmas period and if they have any vacancies they will likely keep a temporary staff on rather than re-advertising.

Keep checking for vacancies as there are many students who go uni so they probably will advertise however if you know anyone that works there then it becomes 100 times easier getting a job, i remember working as a temp in the food section at Marks and Spencer's no one was being kept on after new years and one guy who was a temp stayed on as a permanent staff because his gran worked there so that worked out for him!!
Original post by Robert8x
Thanks

Most recruit online nowadays.
I know that sainsburys and tesco seem to have quite a lot of part time vacancies on their website (round my general area they do anyway) so they are worth looking into.
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)
Most recruit online nowadays.
I know that sainsburys and tesco seem to have quite a lot of part time vacancies on their website (round my general area they do anyway) so they are worth looking into.

Been offered a job through a mate at tesco :biggrin: now just gotta leave mcdonalds :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending