The Student Room Group

MUSLIM GIRLS how do you dress?

I really enjoy fashion but find it hard to find stylish clothes that i can wear. i can wear anything but just not show any leg or shoulder - can wear jeans and short sleeved etc. i wanna get some ideas on where i can get clothes for uni and stuff since i will finally have no school rules and stuff.

thanks in advance xx

Scroll to see replies

Shop at aab
Reply 2
You can find modest clothing anywhere omg
colorful abaya maybe:dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by missaisha1998
I really enjoy fashion but find it hard to find stylish clothes that i can wear. i can wear anything but just not show any leg or shoulder - can wear jeans and short sleeved etc. i wanna get some ideas on where i can get clothes for uni and stuff since i will finally have no school rules and stuff.

thanks in advance xx

Google
Contemporary Modest Wear
Reply 5
Original post by redleader1
Shop at aab

Their fitting is bad/weird.
Avoid the self-righteous Muslims who tell you that jeans and short sleeves are haram and slutty. Aside from that it appears that the clothes you're looking for are pretty normal and ones you could find in virtually any clothes shop like primark, tk maxx and then the much more specific female boutiques etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
go for a shopping and buy clothes... :yep:
Follow dina tokio on insta. She dresses modestly but still buys most of her clothes from high street shops.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Good for you. In b4 self-righteous Muslims swarm in and tell you that jeans and short sleeves are haraam and slutty.

Lol tbh I doubt anyone was going to do that..
Shirt dresses, swing dresses, skirts and tops, tops and jeans, shirts/blouses and pinafores, just wear whatever looks good on you!!
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Follow dina tokio on insta. She dresses modestly but still buys most of her clothes from high street shops.

Dina Tokio!

i agree :tongue:
Original post by childofthesun
Lol tbh I doubt anyone was going to do that..

I know you wouldn't :biggrin:
I have seen a lot of girls wearing jeans but a long, loose shirt or coat over it. If you go on Instagram you will find loads of girls who dress fashionably but still adhere to their religious rules.

My favourite are Basma (Basma_K) and Sagal (Sagaleeyaa).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh

Her baby is soo cute
Just wear whatever you want

Can't wait for my freedom to wear whatever I want. I've got a whole pinterest board set up and everything
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I know you wouldn't :biggrin:

Definitely not!
Original post by HAnwar
Their fitting is bad/weird.

Lol. Never tried them myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
I usually buy long tops, and pair them with jeans or cigarette trousers.
Or if something is a shorter, then maybe a waterfall jacket.

But if I'm lazy, ill throw on a t-shirt and leggings and put my abaya on top, bc my abaya is just asjhsgskfg
But yeah, shirt dresses, swing dresses and jeans/trousers are always a good combo :smile:

Latest