The Student Room Group

How to tell a boy you love him

Ok so basically over the last month or so, I have developed strong feelings for a boy. I work with him and also see him a lot at college. Me and him spend time together at lunch breaks and get on really well. We have become good friends but he doesnt know that i have feelings for him. I suffer from low confidence and anxiety and he has really helped me with that. However I have no idea whether he likes me back. He also spends a lot of time with another girl (who he is not dating, just good friends with - like me) and I dont know if he likes her or me?. I just do not have the confidence to ask him. Me and him may be going out for a meal on saturday to celebrate his birthday but we arent classing it as a date. I want to tell him but i can never pick the right moment and time. Loads of my work friends think we would be cute together but so far he is just shrugging it off.
Any advice pleaaasseeee?
Thanks!!
Ps - i am a girl, not that it matters😉
Well, the guy I'm currently dating started off as my best friend. I really thought he was just that, a friend, until one night he finally admitted he really liked me, and that not telling had been eating him up for months. I didn't really know what to make of it at first, and 3 months later, which we had spent growing even closer, he kissed me. And then, I finally saw what I really felt for him, and how great we'd be together. So far, it's going perfectly well.
Now, the point of this isn't to flaunt my cheesiness, it's to tell you that the worst thing you could do would be not telling him. Sure, it'll probably be one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do, but if you don't, it will consume you. The worst thing that could happen would be if he said he didn't feel the same way. Then what? At least, knowing this, you could move on. And who knows, maybe he'll change his mind. I know I did. Besides, I know lots of people who were mutually attracted to each other, went out together, and both realised after a month it just wasn't working out, and they're still good friends. Maybe you'll see that dating him isn't like what you imagined.

My advice would be, tell him when it's just the two of you, possibly try not to have any plans with him the day after! Don't freak out about it, just tell him you'd understand he didn't feel the same way, but you had to tell him anyway, and see what comes of it. When my friend told me he liked me, it made me reconsider everything, and knowing he liked me made me open up to the idea that maybe, I did too. Just tell yourself it's not that big of a deal, and maybe that will help.

Hope this was any useful!
Reply 2
Step 1: Say "I love you".
Step 2: Profit???
He's choosing to spend the meal with you. Why not choose the L word i,e like rather than the other one? Tell him you enjoy his company and spending time with him.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so basically over the last month or so, I have developed strong feelings for a boy. I work with him and also see him a lot at college. Me and him spend time together at lunch breaks and get on really well. We have become good friends but he doesnt know that i have feelings for him. I suffer from low confidence and anxiety and he has really helped me with that. However I have no idea whether he likes me back. He also spends a lot of time with another girl (who he is not dating, just good friends with - like me) and I dont know if he likes her or me?. I just do not have the confidence to ask him. Me and him may be going out for a meal on saturday to celebrate his birthday but we arent classing it as a date. I want to tell him but i can never pick the right moment and time. Loads of my work friends think we would be cute together but so far he is just shrugging it off.
Any advice pleaaasseeee?
Thanks!!
Ps - i am a girl, not that it matters😉

GURL just tell him you love him and you will make his day, usually it's boys always having to ask girls out, you ask him out, you'll be banging the next day :smile:
Get to date him before saying exactly "I love you"?

Or if you just wanna say that your into him
On the day of the dinner or something
be like; (this is my personal experience, literally what I said to my best friend :colondollar:)

In my way
Me; Sooo I just wanted to say that I like you
Him: Yeah duh I know you like me idiot
Me: No. No I LIKE you
Him: Okay. I like you too. You like everyone?
Me: Oh ffs I Like like you. Like I have a thing for you.
Him: .......Ditto.....
Me: wut
Him: same
...............annnnnnnnnnddd the rest is history............:biggrin:

Try the "Heyy so I like you line" loool
But say whatever akes you comfortable.
Don't ever get very high hopes. He may not reciprocate the same, but there is always many other chances and many many people.

Good luck love:h:
Reply 7
Original post by thefatone
GURL just tell him you love him and you will make his day, usually it's boys always having to ask girls out, you ask him out, you'll be banging the next day :smile:

As a male I approve
:biggrin:
Reply 8
Go with him to the meal and write a message in his card telling him you like him and hand it to him. Don't say you love him I would leave that till you are a couple.
I doubt it's love but infatuation.

What's the worst that can happen? He says he doesn't feel the same and you can move on and find someone who does. Easy.

There are always going to be situations in life that make you nervous. Just go for it, or you'll never get anywhere.

Quick Reply

Latest