The Student Room Group

Disability and Masters!!! Help please.

Hi guys,

Im currently in the process of applying for my postgraduate studies and Im really interested with the Programmes offered at Cass Business School especially the Msc Banking and International finance.

Well, I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder during my 3rd year of my undergraduate studies and thankfully with the necessary treatment, my 3rd yr 2nd semester did improved considerably ( sem average 71 whilst 3rd yr 1st sem was 52) yet I do not meet the requirement :frown: :frown:

Should I email the admission officer to know if she would likely consider my application even though I do not meet the requirement?

I do not want to sound to desperate though. Its just that I feel disheartened that my academic results which was partly affected by my disability might impede my chances of securing a place at Cass. :frown: :frown::frown:

Thanks a lot:smile:
Original post by PreciousPearlN23
Hi guys,

Im currently in the process of applying for my postgraduate studies and Im really interested with the Programmes offered at Cass Business School especially the Msc Banking and International finance.

Well, I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder during my 3rd year of my undergraduate studies and thankfully with the necessary treatment, my 3rd yr 2nd semester did improved considerably ( sem average 71 whilst 3rd yr 1st sem was 52) yet I do not meet the requirement :frown: :frown:

Should I email the admission officer to know if she would likely consider my application even though I do not meet the requirement?

I do not want to sound to desperate though. Its just that I feel disheartened that my academic results which was partly affected by my disability might impede my chances of securing a place at Cass. :frown: :frown::frown:

Thanks a lot:smile:

There's no harm in asking - universities are usually sympathetic and accommodating of illness and disability where it can be proved and where it isn't likely to impact on your future studies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending