The Student Room Group

What grades do you need at AS to get offered a place at a Russell Group University?

Most Russell Group universities want AAB or higher at A level, what grades would you need at AS to realistically get an offer?

Also, what do Universities take into account more, AS grades or Predicted Grades?

P.S One of my friends got BCCE at AS, and has been offered a place at Leeds University to study Economics, when their entry requirements is AAA at A level.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JGang
Most Russell Group universities want AAB or higher at A level, what grades would you need at AS to realistically get an offer?

Also, what do Universities take into account more, AS grades or Predicted Grades?

P.S One of my friends got BCCE at AS, and has been offered a place at Leeds University to study Economics, when their entry requirements is AAA at A level.

Which degree subject do you wish to study?I would say in most cases any lower than BBB at as might not look realistic that you will achieve AAA. They would take both into consideration.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Which degree subject do you wish to study?I would say in most cases any lower than BBB at as might not look realistic that you will achieve AAA. They would take both into consideration.

Medicine
Pharmacy
Chemistry

Between those subjects.

Thanks for the reply.
Ngl but i got AAU , and got an offer :tongue:
Original post by JGang
Medicine
Pharmacy
Chemistry

Between those subjects.

Thanks for the reply.

You'd need as high grades as possible especially as many medicine applicants would have AAA at AS, AAB might be sufficent for pharmacy and chemistry but depends on the university. Have you got a range of work experience sorted?
Reply 5
Original post by Ayaz789
Ngl but i got AAU , and got an offer :tongue:

What course did you apply to?
Original post by Rajive
What course did you apply to?

Maths :P
Reply 7
Original post by Ayaz789
Maths :P

What was the U in?
Original post by Rajive
What was the U in?

Physics
I got AABC for AAA English at King's
aim for the highest you can, try not to get complacent thinking your friends have been accepted with lower grades, work hard and achieve :smile:
Original post by JGang
Medicine
Pharmacy
Chemistry

Between those subjects.

Thanks for the reply.

For chemistry I dont think your AS grades will matter as much, as pharmacy and especially medicine is alot more competitive
my mate got 3 Cs at AS and she got an offer from Nottingham and Birmingham for Chemistry for ABB/AAB.
Reply 11
Original post by JGang

That depends on the university and course you are applying to. Some unis can be more leniant for a particular course, provided they see that you are capable of meeting the entry requirements.
Original post by JGang

Got AABC -
Offers from 3 RG universities (Exeter, Birmingham and Leeds).
I got AABB at AS and got 2 medicine offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
My friend got AABC and got an offer from Warwick for Chemistry

Not sure how competitive pharmacy is, the only person I know who's doing it got AAAA

Medicine is a lot more competitive though, there's only one person in my school who got an offer, she got 11A* at GCSE and AAAB at AS, got offered one place and rejected from three
I only got ABBC last year and I have on offer from the university of sheffield
Original post by JGang
Medicine
Pharmacy
Chemistry

Between those subjects.

Thanks for the reply.

I Study Chemistry at a RG.

In terms of Alevels, you're looking at BCC for lower end RG's. BBB for most RG's including imperial/UCL and AAA for oxford/Cambridge.

This is coming from experience however this isnt set in stone.
Original post by Cobalt_

In terms of Alevels, you're looking at BCC for lower end RG's. BBB for most RG's including imperial/UCL and AAA for oxford/Cambridge.

Which Uni are you at?
I got AABBC and got an offer at King's
Reply 19
Original post by Cobalt_

How is Chemistry, do you find it interesting? What career do you plan to use it for?

Quick Reply

Latest