The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology PSYA3 & PSYA4 - [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Millie-3
From what my teacher has told us, depending on how you word it, the actual study can be ao1 while results--especially when contradictory--can be ao2 as they can be linked to validity/reliability of the research and the theory itself. And besides, if you outline the actual study, you can evaluate it for extra ao2

Ah okay. Well I don't evaluate studies themselves, as my teacher says you gain very little if any credit from it. My AO1 is description, AO2 studies/results and evaluation of it by linking to the theory, and AO3 is IDA.

I should probably mention my teacher is a current AQA examiner, so this is just what I have been told! :smile:
hey guys does anyone have prediction for relationship, aggression, gender and schizophrenia?
Original post by noey123
hey guys i am covering aggression, relationship and gender anyone doing the same? if so how are you finding it i just finished my aggression revision

I'm doing the exact same topics!!
I do agg, gender and cog dev too !!!!!! Have you got any A grade cog dev essays ??? I am really struggling with this topic... have been getting Cs and Ds :frown:
Original post by Millie-3
Hey guys :smile: time to get that cortisol up again! I will be doing gender, cognition, aggression, depression and addiction :biggrin:

Dates:
PSYA3 - 8th of June
PSYA4 - 14th of June

Links:
[everybody contribute your resources]

Spoiler

Hi, I'm doing gender, addiction and depression too (including relationships and eating behaviours)...do you have any predictions for the exam questions this year???
What's the best way to revise for psychology? I haven't even started and my exams on the 16th of may😰
Hey guys what is the best way to revise for psychology I'm on the new spec, haven't even started revising and my exams on the 16th of may😱😰😰😓😷
What does everyone here think of Loopa? and the predictions on there?
Original post by perfectionist123

there isnt any predictions on there??
Original post by bakersman110
there isnt any predictions on there??

I guess there are only predictions for aggression so far?
http://www.loopa.co.uk/psya3-aggression-june-2016-predictions/
I guess there are only predictions for aggression so far?
http://www.loopa.co.uk/psya3-aggression-june-2016-predictions/

im doing the new spec and im sitting my exam on the 16th may, ive have 2 papers. wish be luck :frown:
Original post by bakersman110
im doing the new spec and im sitting my exam on the 16th may, ive have 2 papers. wish be luck :frown:

ooooh :O are you in AS? and I wish you luck with your exams :smile: you still have time for that final push
ooooh :O are you in AS? and I wish you luck with your exams :smile: you still have time for that final push

Yh thats true just going to do all past paper questions and revise of them

haven't looked at his predictions but his essays are great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by noey123
hey guys does anyone have prediction for relationship, aggression, gender and schizophrenia?

for schizophrenia it seems likely that classification of SZ might come up as a big question since it hasn't come up since 2011/2012 I think.....don't fully trust my prediction though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
for schizophrenia it seems likely that classification of SZ might come up as a big question since it hasn't come up since 2011/2012 I think.....don't fully trust my prediction though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just been sat looking through some old past papers in hopes of finding some indication of what topics could be featured on the exam this year. My teacher did say that classification may come up since it hasn't in a while and there was recently a similar question on depression. It looks like the issues of classification and/or diagnosis came up last year for Schizophrenia but only as a 4 marker so it could possibly be a hint towards a larger question regarding it :smile:
It dawned on me today, 5 weeks today and we'll have already have taken our Unit 3 exam!
I'm doing Relationships, Aggression, Gender, Schizophrenia and Media Psychology :smile:
i need some help with reaseach methods thou
How many IDA points should i include in a 24 mark essay. Have heard many contradicting points. Went to an AQA conference where they said only 2/3 an essay but my teacher has told me include as many as possible
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS FOR HOW TO AVTUALLY REMEMBER THE CONTENT - I mainly struggle to remember a01 - PLEASE I UNDERTAND EVERYTHING BUT I JUST GO BLACK WHEN DOING ESSAYS FROM MEMORY AND IN TIMED CONDITIONS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending