The Student Room Group

150,000 Polish Nationalists march against Muslim immigration.

Scroll to see replies

That's weird, I remember being friends with a polish guy on my college course and he had the hots for a Turkish Girl. Dunno if she was Muslim or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, except for the fact that Poles have lower unemployment rates and lower rates of benefit claims than your average Brit.

But don't let racism get in your way.

Obviously, you would vote to leave the EU when you have no job.

They could walk, drive or whatever. Doesn't change the fact it is a stupid idea.

Who would be daft enough to think that sending a million refugees on stroll to Aleppo be a good idea? Someone with no common sense.

Poles are not a race, but someone who is race obsessed doesn't let facts get in the way. You don't want to leave the EU, as you want communism, a job for everybody! How do you think armies used to move around? By foot. How do you think they used to attack? They walked towards each other. There are far more migrants than ISIS members, they would easily defeat them.
Original post by The_Opinion
Lots of different reasons, including but not limited to:

Those going to Greece etc are illegal immigrants, they reached a safe place, then decided to leave, at that point they are no longer refugees.

The Poles come here legally. If I were in charge, I would not let them or anyone move here unless they had a job (like most countries do), in fact its part of the reason I will vote to leave the EU. However, as things stand, the Poles are doing nothing wrong, and if I was Polish, I would probably do the same thing.

80% of the migrants are fighting aged men, they should be fighting for their people.

I could type a lot more reasons, but frankly its late and I cant be bothered :biggrin:

Firstly, illegal immigrants are being sent back, only legitimate refugees get any further than Greece, Italy etc etc

The whole point is the refugees has more right to come here.

I've already explained this, they fight they're done for, absolutely 0 chance of winning, we cant send them back on those grounds. Im not going to change your mind about Poles, but it is fact that the refugees have better claim to get into our borders than the poles
Poles are not a race, but someone who is race obsessed doesn't let facts get in the way.

Ohhhh....so you cannot be racist towards Poles....that must be your excuse for everything.

Can't be racist towards Black people. They are not a race. Fail.

You don't want to leave the EU, as you want communism, a job for everybody!

Ermm...no. I want to leave.

How do you think armies used to move around? By foot. How do you think they used to attack? They walked towards each other. There are far more migrants than ISIS members, they would easily defeat them.

Yeh. Your plan is to walk into the ISIS rockets and gun fire. Brilliant!

(Hint: Don't join the army).
Then all that can should take up arms and fight for the lives, like generations of British (and many other) people have done for centuries, not run away (as I said, 80% males of fighting age). If you include women, as I a believe in gender equality, the % of fighting age people increases even more.

I don't disagree with you, but at the same time I think we should do what we can to help. Mass immigration is definitely wrong and will hurt both the receiving countries as well as Syria, but then again leaving unarmed people of all ages/genders die is not a noble thing to do.
Original post by Youngmetro
Firstly, illegal immigrants are being sent back, only legitimate refugees get any further than Greece, Italy etc etc

The whole point is the refugees has more right to come here.

I've already explained this, they fight they're done for, absolutely 0 chance of winning, we cant send them back on those grounds. Im not going to change your mind about Poles, but it is fact that the refugees have better claim to get into our borders than the poles

There are millions of them! They have every chance of winning if they are co-ordinated. Illegal immigrants are not being sent back, that's the problem. You think those that are in Calais camps are legally there? Think again.

They have no right to come, The UK is not the world dumping ground, they should go to a place that has the money and culture to fit in with them, how about the Gulf States? Oh wait, they don't take them. there is a god reason for that, their leaders are not stupid and know the consequences of letting these people in.
Original post by oShahpo
I don't disagree with you, but at the same time I think we should do what we can to help. Mass immigration is definitely wrong and will hurt both the receiving countries as well as Syria, but then again leaving unarmed people of all ages/genders die is not a noble thing to do.

I am more than happy to help them to form a fighting force and fight ISIS for their country, even giving them air cover, I just don't think that they should be allowed in Europe, they can wait in the neighbouring countries and then be sent back during the right time.

During WW2, the UK had squadrons of Polish fighters who fled, but still wanted to fight for their country, they were not cowards, they were leaving to fight another day, these migrants are just leaving.

I would be willing to help a small number of elderly Syrians by letting them live out their final years in safety, assuming the UN / Charities pay for them. I will never accept the need for fighting age males to flee their homeland when there is such large numbers of them, numbers far greater than the enemy.
Ohhhh....so you cannot be racist towards Poles....that must be your excuse for everything.

Can't be racist towards Black people. They are not a race. Fail.

Ermm...no. I want to leave.

Yeh. Your plan is to walk into the ISIS rockets and gun fire. Brilliant!

(Hint: Don't join the army).

You do know what line infantry were right? They did just that, they didn't run, and you know what, with enough numbers you can win.
Reply 108
Original post by Longshot6000
That's weird, I remember being friends with a polish guy on my college course and he had the hots for a Turkish Girl. Dunno if she was Muslim or not.

Are you being dumb on purpose? Do you think all poles are programmed robots and they all think in exactly the same way, one pole fancies a turkish girl, that means all polish men must fancy turkish girls.
Original post by nemo86
Are you being dumb on purpose? Do you think all poles are programmed robots and they all think in exactly the same way, one pole fancies a turkish girl, that means all polish men must fancy turkish girls.

*sigh* yeah, sure, whatever.
I am more than happy to help them to form a fighting force and fight ISIS for their country, even giving them air cover, I just don't think that they should be allowed in Europe, they can wait in the neighbouring countries and then be sent back during the right time.

During WW2, the UK had squadrons of Polish fighters who fled, but still wanted to fight for their country, they were not cowards, they were leaving to fight another day, these migrants are just leaving.

I would be willing to help a small number of elderly Syrians by letting them live out their final years in safety, assuming the UN / Charities pay for them. I will never accept the need for fighting age males to flee their homeland when there is such large numbers of them, numbers far greater than the enemy.

I see your point. Certainly military help is far more helpful to the future of Syria than taking in refugees in such numbers, but the situation is very complex and any decision made should take much thought.
Original post by CarlTheCuck
Racists, Poland should be for everyone, why do Poles think Poland should be for Poles

How is it racist to oppose a religion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are millions of them! They have every chance of winning if they are co-ordinated. Illegal immigrants are not being sent back, that's the problem. You think those that are in Calais camps are legally there? Think again.

They have no right to come, The UK is not the world dumping ground, they should go to a place that has the money and culture to fit in with them, how about the Gulf States? Oh wait, they don't take them. there is a god reason for that, their leaders are not stupid and know the consequences of letting these people in.

Dont exaggerate, there arent millions and there are new restrictions that limit them. But the Poles CAN come in millions to claim benefits and scrounge here, the POLES arent wanted, the REFUGEES can COME and have BETTER REASON to do so.

POLES CAN GO AWAY.
You do know what line infantry were right? They did just that, they didn't run, and you know what, with enough numbers you can win.

Except this isn't the 1800's. Line Infantry isn't going to work against rockets and tanks. Get off your computer game and into the real world.
(edited 7 years ago)
Except this isn't the 1800's. Line Infantry isn't going to work against rockets and tanks. Get off your computer game and into the real world.

You clearly don't understand history, line infantry did fight against rocket and cannon fire. During WW1, they did the same. I already said that air support would be given, meaning that the enemy would not have tanks and other large armoured vehicles. It would work.
Dont exaggerate, there arent millions and there are new restrictions that limit them. But the Poles CAN come in millions to claim benefits and scrounge here, the POLES arent wanted, the REFUGEES can COME and have BETTER REASON to do so.

POLES CAN GO AWAY.

Yes there are millions of them. More than 1 million of them are in Germany, never mind Sweden, Greece etc (and that's just those in Europe).

As I have already stated, the Poles are just doing what they can legally do (if it was up to me, I would not allow any foreigner to claim benefits here under any circumstance, so I actually kind of agree with you on that point).

As I have already stated, the Poles are just doing what they can legally do (if it was up to me, I would not allow any foreigner to claim benefits here under any circumstance, so I actually kind of agree with you on that point).

As do the refugees, there will always be illegal immigrants, some from the other european countries. They claim asylum and come, the number who come illegally are negligible.
As do the refugees, there will always be illegal immigrants, some from the other european countries. They claim asylum and come, the number who come illegally are negligible.

Every migrant that smuggled themselves in lorries, cars or used a boat to get to Europe has done so illegally.

I have no sympathy with those who turn up in Greece and Italy, the ones in Turkey and Lebanon, that's a different matter.

I would never allow anybody to claim asylum inside of the UK. Only those outside should be able to request (and then mainly be rejected).
Every migrant that smuggled themselves in lorries, cars or used a boat to get to Europe has done so illegally.

I have no sympathy with those who turn up in Greece and Italy, the ones in Turkey and Lebanon, that's a different matter.

I would never allow anybody to claim asylum inside of the UK. Only those outside should be able to request (and then mainly be rejected).

You dont understand, if someone has a legitimate asylum claim, they HAVE to be let in, it isnt like a visa where they can be rejected.
You clearly don't understand history, line infantry did fight against rocket and cannon fire. During WW1, they did the same. I already said that air support would be given, meaning that the enemy would not have tanks and other large armoured vehicles. It would work.

While in ww1 they did hop over the trench and march or run to the enemies trench firing it was not very effective, this is why trench warfare was mostly a massive stalemate and moving up a mile could cost 1000's of lives. But now we are in a day where assault rifles are very common and fire rather rapidly. so lets say we have 5 men, they could easily suppress 50+ people running at them from 100 meters, they could probably do more, and adding with even heavier guns that can spew out far far more shots and reload less often one Mg on a tripod or balanced on a wall could easily take out a 50+ men on his own, don't forget we have rockets and mortars and mines, so doing what line infantry did would be terrible, especially against someone with a tank.

Line infantry was only effective that when the accuracy was so low and the Rate of fire was so low that you needed 100+ men to put out as much firepower as one man with a ak, even if the shots all hit from the line infantry.

Napoleonic warfare is outdated hence why you do not see US soldiers lined up in bright colours walking towards the Taliban with someone playing Fortunate son at the front out of a speaker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending