The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by chocolatexo
i tried trust me but i dont like anything thats usually considered appropriate so i have to wear oversized jumpers cuz those r nice with skinny jeans...but its getting warm and dont wanna have to keep wearing them :frown:

I think because summer is coming, in shops nowadays they have short, revealing clothes etc.

I was looking at the Zara website and there seems to be quite a lot of over sized tops. Idk if that's in?

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Gosh expensive stuff though! I would hope it fitted correctly if you're paying that much for it!

Well because as I'm not muslim...I don't exactly wear a hijab and I would look silly without one wearing something long, wouldn't I? :redface:

Although that isn't thattttt long, I think I could manage it, same with that cover up :tongue:

Yeahh exactly. I don't want to be paying a lot for something that doesn't fit lol

Then become Muslim innit :wink:
Lol I'm joking, you don't need to be Muslim to wear those kind of tops.
The website is modest clothing for everyone :smile:

If you like it go for it. Just make sure you try it on first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
I think because summer is coming, in shops nowadays they have short, revealing clothes etc.

I was looking at the Zara website and there seems to be quite a lot of over sized tops. Idk if that's in?

Yeahh exactly. I don't want to be paying a lot for something that doesn't fit lol

Then become Muslim innit :wink:
Lol I'm joking, you don't need to be Muslim to wear those kind of tops.
The website is modest clothing for everyone :smile:

If you like it go for it. Just make sure you try it on first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Yeah mum, I just became muslim because I wanted to dress like other muslim girls and wear abayas and stuff" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:tongue: I'll think about it, after hearing your horror story about the jackets I don't think I want to risk spending that much...then again I'm sure they have a return policy so I'll think about it :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
"Yeah mum, I just became muslim because I wanted to dress like other muslim girls and wear abayas and stuff" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:tongue: I'll think about it, after hearing your horror story about the jackets I don't think I want to risk spending that much...then again I'm sure they have a return policy so I'll think about it :biggrin:

LOL well fashion comes first right :tongue:

Haha the tops may be different- haven't tried them.
Yeah they do returns but it's almost a fiver for delivery which you won't get back, so think twice lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Legendary Quest
If you go on Instagram you will find loads of girls who dress fashionably but still adhere to their religious rules.

A contradiction. These religious rules are there to make you look less attractive and to not attract looks. Why do Muslim girls in Britain not get this?
Reply 64
Original post by TW3 Crew
It must be remembered that is also haraam to plaster oneself with perfume and don fetching footwear. Clothing should be completely functional and cover the body from head to toe.

Hazmat suits are so in rn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
A contradiction. These religious rules are there to make you look less attractive and to not attract looks. Why do Muslim girls in Britain not get this?

There's a difference between sexually attractive and aesthetically pleasing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
There's a difference between sexually attractive and aesthetically pleasing

Absolutely. And Islam wants women to be neither of those things in public.
Original post by missaisha1998
I really enjoy fashion but find it hard to find stylish clothes that i can wear. i can wear anything but just not show any leg or shoulder - can wear jeans and short sleeved etc. i wanna get some ideas on where i can get clothes for uni and stuff since i will finally have no school rules and stuff.

thanks in advance xx

Hey, I'm not Muslim but I do dress modestly. You can wear jeans with long tops so they would cover your ass and hide your curves. Also, a long cardigan comes in handy. With dresses if you are not comfortable with dresses that come above your knee, try maxi dresses. I've so many hijabis wear them with long cardigans. You can shop anywhere and mix match to your desired style. Blazers are good to include as they can be worn casually and with maxi dresses. Have fun experimenting until you find your own unique style. Remember you can look fashionable and dress modestly at the same time :smile:
Jeans & top.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Crotchless panties

Bruh.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

Many women won't take off the hijab because they grew up with it or because of pressure from family and friends. Thus, they will dress fashionably but still wear the hijab and cover the shape of their body because it is easier to do that than to take off your headscarf.

There are many girls who wear it because they believe that it is a religious rule but don't necessarily look deeply into the reasoning behind the rule.

Also, wearing the hijab does not mean that one has to look ugly.
Many women won't take off the hijab because they grew up with it or because of pressure from family and friends. Thus, they will dress fashionably but still wear the hijab and cover the shape of their body because it is easier to do that than to take off your headscarf.

There are many girls who wear it because they believe that it is a religious rule but don't necessarily look deeply into the reasoning behind the rule.

:lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense... and I am sure Allah and their families will be happy with that 'compromise'.

Very inconsequential. That's just lack of education. Do it properly or don't do it at all.

Correct, but you also shouldn't make a conscious effort to look more attractive, which wearing fashionable clothing underneath or accessories with it are.
Reply 73
I really enjoy fashion but find it hard to find stylish clothes that i can wear. i can wear anything but just not show any leg or shoulder - can wear jeans and short sleeved etc. i wanna get some ideas on where i can get clothes for uni and stuff since i will finally have no school rules and stuff.

thanks in advance xx

you can shop at Inayah of dinatorkia they have stylish and modest clothes aswell xx
Original post by Serine Soul
Just wear whatever you want

Can't wait for my freedom to wear whatever I want. I've got a whole pinterest board set up and everything

OMG haha sameeeee
you can wear short sleeves and get these long kinda gloves hijab gloves that cover your arms nd you can still wear short sleeves

thanks in advance xx

online shopping maybe?
Original post by Faatimah A.
OMG haha sameeeee

Well done for bumping a 3 year old thread.
Reply 78
just discovered innermod.com, their clothes seem to be fashionable and cheap as well!

Latest