The Student Room Group

"All UCAS qualifications must be completed" for offe - does this include fail grades?

To take up my firm offer, as well as meeting grade requirements, I also need to complete all the qualifications I listed on my UCAS (this is what the entry letter said).

I listed a lot of things on my UCAS, such as STEP, and General Studies AS (the former because some Unis liked it, and the latter because of the AQABacc and my EPQ).

At this point, I'm wondering if I can fail these qualifications, and focus efforts elsewhere, as there are no grade requirements in my offer. Would the qualifications still count as completed?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fridgecow
To take up my firm offer, as well as meeting grade requirements, I also need to complete all the qualifications I listed on my UCAS (this is what the entry letter said).

I listed a lot of things on my UCAS, such as STEP, and General Studies AS (the former because some Unis liked it, and the latter because of the AQABacc and my EPQ).

At this point, I'm wondering if I can fail these qualifications, and focus efforts elsewhere, as there are no grade requirements in my offer. Would the qualifications still count as completed?

I believe that will be down to the individual universities interpretation so best to drop admissions an email.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I believe that will be down to the individual universities interpretation so best to drop admissions an email.

Thanks, I have done now. I just didn't want to jeopardize my chance in some way by asking this kind of "lazy" question to admissions.
Original post by fridgecow
Thanks, I have done now. I just didn't want to jeopardize my chance in some way by asking this kind of "lazy" question to admissions.

You wont, honestly. The people who answer the phones are used to all sorts of questions (that is what they are there for) - and they aren't the people who will make any sort of 'decision' about your application in August anyway.

Phone the Uni on Tuesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending