The Student Room Group

Im scared i'll end up sleeping with my bf.

so am still a virgin at 19 and i really love my boyfriend. he understands that i want to save it till marriage but when im around him i feel like i cant control myself. i want to have sex with him but i wont as im saving it. Im worried we'll end up doing it esp as hes booked a hotel for us.

somebody help. he says hell make sure we wont but im worried we still will.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why do you want to save it until marriage?
Reply 2
Original post by RobML
Why do you want to save it until marriage?

its a personal thing
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
its a personal thing

surely the dilemma presented in the op is a personal thing too
get married lol simple
Reply 5
Just agree the boundaries before the hotel room. Mind you, have to agree with you, one thing can lead to another. Wouldn't be the end of the world though from my perspective.
Reply 6
Original post by RobML
surely the dilemma presented in the op is a personal thing too

stop being nosy RobML
Reply 7
Original post by Zarek
Just agree the boundaries before the hotel room. Mind you, have to agree with you, one thing can lead to another. Wouldn't be the end of the world though from my perspective.

at least hes trying to be a gentleman bless him lol
I think you need to be careful on this one. By the sounds of things, you're very lucky that he's willing to respect your boundaries and wait.

However, if when you get there you get a bit um.. Frisky. He may think (understandably) that you've changed your mind..

I'd talk to him about your apprehension..
it's completely okay that you want to save it for marriage! I feel the exact same way and I feel like I can really relate to you. make sure to remind him of how you're feeling. he can't force you to doo something that you're worried about, and it is very clear that that is the case here. don't panic, talk to him. tell him exactly how you feel!! :smile:
Original post by CharlieH1992
I think you need to be careful on this one. By the sounds of things, you're very lucky that he's willing to respect your boundaries and wait.

However, if when you get there you get a bit um.. Frisky. He may think (understandably) that you've changed your mind..

I'd talk to him about your apprehension..

why am i lucky lol al my past boyfs have been willing to wait and are okay with it. im only worried incase i lose control around this one
Reply 11
Don't be inviting, and don't give wrong signals. always keep your distance and be firm in your choice.
I have no place to say have sex or keep it till marriage, its personal choice, but whatever you choose to do, don't regret afterwards.
why am i lucky lol al my past boyfs have been willing to wait and are okay with it. im only worried incase i lose control around this one

Because most young guys think with their dick lol :redface:

Spoiler

Well what do you want us to say? Buy a chastity belt? Flee the hotel when you get turned on? Realise you live in 2016?
Anonymous #1 i forgot to mention always use protection pal, I'll assume your smart enough to know.that if your on one of these forums with all us smart arses. Can you answer me one quick question tho? What is the circumference of the man in questions cock? Because if hes hung like a horse it couldbe mathematicaly dangerous!!!!
It takes two people to have sex so if you're saving it until marriage and he tries it on just tell him no?

Unless you actually want to..then enjoy!

All I will say is people (especially in relationships) should respect people's wishes so if you feel very strongly about no sex until marriage and he's booked a hotel in order to change your mind then you may need to re-assess your relationship.
so am still a virgin at 19 and i really love my boyfriend. he understands that i want to save it till marriage but when im around him i feel like i cant control myself. i want to have sex with him but i wont as im saving it. Im worried we'll end up doing it esp as hes booked a hotel for us.

somebody help. he says hell make sure we wont but im worried we still will.

It's completely fine that you want to wait until marriage, after all it's a completely personal choice, so at the end of the day it's up to you, as it's your body. Also, it's great that you have a boyfriend who is willing to respect that!

I think the best thing for you to do is to sit down and talk to him about it. Make sure you have clear boundaries of where you feel comfortable getting to, and at which point you want to stop. I understand that you're afraid, but the best thing to do is just talk about it, set some clear rules that BOTH of you need to keep in your mind whilst you're there.

However, saying that, it's not the end of the world if you do end up having sex. Of course, you have a clearly set out plan where you want to save yourself until marriage, which is completely fine, and just try your hardest to keep that up, however if you do end up having a slip up, it's also fine. It may not be ideal for you, or go against your beliefs, which is why you should try to do that, but at the end of the day, if it does happen, then at least it would have happened with the guy that, i presume, you'd want to marry?
Is it really completely fine to wait?

It is obviously causing her distress, and for what? A misguided attempt by religion to control women?
Poor guy...
Original post by Metrododo
Poor guy...

why poor guy

Quick Reply