The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hipsterwolf
hello, i have a few questions..um in Q3b should my summary be in order according to 3a? because sometimes the ideas themselves aren't in order in 3a so my summary isn't sensible sometimes. also, in Q1, shall my bullets be in order too? or i can mix btwn bullet 1 and 1 in a paragraph? plus is it normal to fill the 2 and a half papers given for Q1? lastly, its written on the paper that highlight pens aren't allowed, why do some people recommend them? (tbh i wish if i was allowed to use them)
aaaaand any advice on what to do on the exam's night?

That's a lot of questions 😂
1. Mix them up, it's not just fine, it's advised.
2. If you mean A1, A2, don't mix them up! But if it's individual points just order them in whatever way makes sense.
3. Yes, just make sure it's not taking too much time.
4. Just use highlighters on the insert, that's fine. Just not on the answer booklet!
5. Eat a good meal, drink a lot of water, and go to bed early (everything you've heard before). Also, I tend to set a time where I check my pencil case,bag etc about two hours before bed then LEAVE IT because otherwise I get anxious and check it a million times.
Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 421
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Ahh okay. Well good luck for tomorrow :smile:

thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
One... More... DAYYYYYY
I just finished writing q1 on a past paper. Will anyone be willing to mark it for me through PM?
Thanks ^^
I don't that they have asked a formal report for question 1.
Original post by ad4m
CW I got 47/50 and Speaking and Listening I got 29/30. However, I did the qualification in Year 10 last year as well and our coursework and speaking assessments were marked down to 43/50 and 27/30 (23/25) so I only managed to get a high B overall. Hopefully can get an A this time though!

what did u get for ur paper tho?
Here are the reccomended structures for each question that could come up in either paper 2 (tomorrow) or Paper 3 (friday)
(edited 7 years ago)
For q1 do we have to do the bullet points in order and if we do does the last paragraph still have to be the best one?
Reply 428
Original post by byaakun
I just finished writing q1 on a past paper. Will anyone be willing to mark it for me through PM?
Thanks ^^

i can have a look if you'd like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 429
Original post by x_geniya_jery_x
I don't that they have asked a formal report for question 1.

Nov 2013
For a formal report are you meant to add a lot of description? Because I thought a formal report did not include exaggeration on emotive language?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ad4m
Nov 2013

Oops :biggrin: Is there a chance of it coming up tomorrow?
Can someone please state all of the formats which could come up in tomorrows paper, and then describe how to write it in such format, and what things to include within? Please help thanks =)
Original post by Perfection Ace
Can someone please state all of the formats which could come up in tomorrows paper, and then describe how to write it in such format, and what things to include within? Please help thanks =)

See my post above - this has all the possible formats for Paper 2 and Paper 3 (if youre doing it)
Reply 434
do i still get a mark if i develop my points relevantly but the development doesn't match with that from the mark scheme
Reply 435
I will cry if it is a formal report
Reply 436
My teacher told me there are seven possible styles that could come up:

1. Newspaper article/report
2. Formal report
3. Interview
4. Talk/speech
5. Letter
6. Blog post
7. Diary entry
I think I got a high B in my coursework & E in speaking and listening. (I don't know the figures) I am doing a core paper tomorrow so the highest grade I can get is a C overall. Can someone tell me how many marks do I need roughly in the exam to get a C overall!!
hope every one is doing well and remember don't stress out
Everyone seems to think this paper is really easy and I don't think it is.... I really struggle with the analysing question .. usually analyse too much and I hate hate hate the bullet points :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending