3. Interview
4. Talk/speech
5. Letter
6. Blog post
7. Diary entry

How do you write a talk/speech??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greggbastock1
See my post above - this has all the possible formats for Paper 2 and Paper 3 (if youre doing it)

Thanks a lot bro!
Reply 442
Original post by partallaboutme
Everyone seems to think this paper is really easy and I don't think it is.... I really struggle with the analysing question .. usually analyse too much and I hate hate hate the bullet points :frown:

Overview of paragraph

4 words
Dictionary Definition
Effect in context

for both paragraphs.

For the bullet points, tackle them equally and you'll do find!
Reply 443
Original post by DamnDaniel2
How do you write a talk/speech??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to consider the character and their tone of voice. Then just write as you would normally speak.
Reply 444
How do I write a formal report?
Would I use first person saying what I found out etc?
Is it a bit like a recount but just formal?
I haven't practised a report and I'm stressing out about it
Original post by ad4m
You need to consider the character and their tone of voice. Then just write as you would normally speak.

So how long does a speech need to be? A few lines of someone talking and then another few lines of someone talking and so on?
The whole thing is basically like a conversation?
Reply 446
So how long does a speech need to be? A few lines of someone talking and then another few lines of someone talking and so on?

No it's one long speech that one person says. All Question 1 responses should be the same length (250 to 350 words)
Original post by partallaboutme
Everyone seems to think this paper is really easy and I don't think it is.... I really struggle with the analysing question .. usually analyse too much and I hate hate hate the bullet points :frown:

the bullet points make it easier, bub! it allows you to split up your work and write the number of points depending on the bullet.

although I agree analysing can be a pain
Original post by k.m.b
Is it true that you cannot get an a* in this exam?

If you are doing iGCSE where 50% is coursework, you get A as a maximum in this exam. However combined with your coursework the marks could tally up to A*.

E.g I got 48/50 in coursework, 28/30 in Speaking and Listening so I have 76/80. To get the A*, in this exam I need to get 29/50 in the exam. In the exam alone 29/50 could be a B however the marks add it up to an A.

the paper will have a certain number of lined pages for you to write the speech. just write according to the number of pages you've been given
Original post by ad4m
Nov 2013

I think it's more of a newspaper report than a formal report as the questions they're asking contains how the characters are feeling. Usually in a formal report, there is no emotive language. Please do correct me if I am wrong.
Original post by Mlb37
How do I write a formal report?
Would I use first person saying what I found out etc?
Is it a bit like a recount but just formal?
I haven't practised a report and I'm stressing out about it

That's basically the idea, yeah.
But in paper 2, it's more about developing your ideas from the text rather than the actual writing of the report itself.

you get 5 marks for WRITING
10 marks for READING - so pick out ideas + developing them
Original post by ad4m
No it's one long speech that one person says. All Question 1 responses should be the same length (250 to 350 words)

Oh okk! Thank you ahaha :smile:

I am doing the fisherman past paper and after I am done I was wondering whether you could read it after?
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
the paper will have a certain number of lined pages for you to write the speech. just write according to the number of pages you've been given

Oh okk thank you so much :smile: I hope we don't get a speech tomorrow. I really want a newspaper article or a diary
Reply 454
Original post by x_geniya_jery_x
I think it's more of a newspaper report than a formal report as the questions they're asking contains how the characters are feeling. Usually in a formal report, there is no emotive language. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

it could be. but notice is it labelled report and in june 2015 the report was labelled newspaper report

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 455
Oh okk! Thank you ahaha :smile:

I am doing the fisherman past paper and after I am done I was wondering whether you could read it after?

yeah sure just send it to me over pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Perfection Ace
Thanks a lot bro!

No Problem. Although you may want to try and find structures for an Interview, Speech, Diary entry or maybe even a blog
Original post by ad4m
yeah sure just send it to me over pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thank you so much!
Reply 458
I got 45/50 in my coursework and 27/30 in my speaking and listening, how much guess wise would i need for an A in my exam
Oh okk thank you so much :smile: I hope we don't get a speech tomorrow. I really want a newspaper article or a diary

You're welcome c: Good luck.

Me too! I find diary's pretty fun to write.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending