The Student Room Group

You cannot choose to be from a country; hence it is pointless being patriotic.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AperfectBalance
And the people like you go on about how bad it is, when you are factually incorrect

It isnt fact that 'Britain is interesting and superior' all you can say is 'there is a lot of things that constitute british culture' as is the case with most cultures.
Original post by Eigo-Jin
What logic? There is no logic in this argument, not concerning you anyways. None of this has been emotional for me, the use of capitals was for emphasis. You're argument has got to be the weakest I've seen, you can't resort to "it's my opinion" when you bring a point and defend it.

Never said it was fact in the first place, i merely defended my opinion. Now log off and cry somewhere else.
Original post by Youngmetro
It isnt fact that 'Britain is interesting and superior' all you can say is 'there is a lot of things that constitute british culture' as is the case with most cultures.

I never said that British culture was superior so please stop putting words in my mouth. it is just all the "evidence" you have given is incorrect.
Never said it was fact in the first place, i merely defended my opinion. Now log off and cry somewhere else.

And what I have been telling you are facts. The reason your argument is so weak is because you have no facts to back up the opinion. Kind of stupid when you know there will be people who are going to disagree. So learn from your mistakes, ok.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's important to be proud of your nation, your culture and your ethnicity and support it every step of the way. Otherwise, we become divided instead of united.
Original post by Itsyaboy

How does it feel to be a closet racist?

Pretty good actually.

How does it feel to be such an unappreciative prick towards a country that's blessed you with a wealth of opportunity?
lmaooo most of the youth arent even patriots anyway, just on TSR

who gives a **** anymore, patriotism and nationalism is dead

As astute as ever youngmetro

http://www.wallstreetdaily.com/2015/12/17/europe-france-nationalists/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36130006
Original post by AperfectBalance
I never said that British culture was superior so please stop putting words in my mouth. it is just all the "evidence" you have given is incorrect.

Again, i didnt present it as evidence anyway.

And what I have been telling you are facts. The reason your argument is so weak is because you have no facts to back up the opinion. Kind of stupid when you know there will be people who are going to disagree. So learn from you mistakes, ok.

My opinion is that britain is boring and bland to which people like you have said 'there's a lot of culture', which may be the case but doesnt mean Britain is factually interesting.

The only way you could have countered my 'argument' (as you put it) is to say it is interesting which is also your own opinion. I made no mistake, you're just fundamentally wrong.
lmaooo most of the youth arent even patriots anyway, just on TSR

>UKIP gaining a lot of support
>National Front biggest party in France
>Sweden Democrats biggest party in Sweden
>Donald Trump winning in U.S.A.
>People's Party winning in Austria
>Freedom Party biggest in Netherlands
>Fidesz National Party in power in Hungary
>Northern League gaining a lot in Italy
>AfD gaining in Germany

Yeah, Nationalism isn't dying
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CarlTheCuck
>UKIP gaining a lot of support
>National Front biggest party in France
>Sweden Democrats biggest party in Sweden
>Donald Trump winning in U.S.A.
>People's Party winning in Austria
>Freedom Party biggest in Netherlands
>Fidesz National Party in power in Hungary
>Northern League gaining a lot in Italy

Yeah, Nationalism isn't dying

smh
smh

No counter-argument eh ?
Original post by CarlTheCuck
No counter-argument eh ?

I was talking about the youth, learn to read.
I was talking about the youth, learn to read.

No, your quote was

That was a general statement, not just the youth, or you should learn to express yourself
Again, i didnt present it as evidence anyway.

My opinion is that britain is boring and bland to which people like you have said 'there's a lot of culture', which may be the case but doesnt mean Britain is factually interesting.

The only way you could have countered my 'argument' (as you put it) is to say it is interesting which is also your own opinion. I made no mistake, you're just fundamentally wrong.

I don't care about whether you think British culture is boring or interesting; you generalised its culture to racism and colonisation, remember? You brought nothing to back that up. What I said in return was facts. Go back and read it.
Reply 95
LOOOL you're too funny mate. If you cant find anything of what i said was racist then dont accuse me of it you moron.
dont talk about Islam, i criticise islam as much as I tell people to not incite hatred.

Im british,

It's ironic that you say you don't incite hatred, but call everybody moron.
Is it patriotic to support one's national football team though? Or sports in general?
Reply 97
"You cannot choose to be from a country; hence it is pointless being patriotic."

That's like saying you can not choose your parents, so you may as well not be fond of them or having their interest in heart.
I don't care about whether you think British culture is boring or interesting; you generalised its culture to racism and colonisation, remember? You brought nothing to back that up. What I said in return was facts. Go back and read it.

Idrc, i already said i used that to back my own agenda.

lol @ you crying when i talk about how vile Britain was in the past.

And no, all this time you were arguing about british culture being interesting.
Original post by Josb
It's ironic that you say you don't incite hatred, but call everybody moron.

You think british culture is superior so you're irrelevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending