The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2760
Original post by AR_95
underwhelming episode regardless of what happened. Could have been done better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Majority disagree.
I just thought if they were actually going to do it, then do it better. The episode was fine, I specifically meant the ending sorry

The implications of what's going to happen next are great though
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
finishing 2nd year now

Original post by SA-1
I can imagine, I'm sure most degrees just lay the foundations for you to learn on when you graduate tbh. I doubt most people can be an "ist" as soon as they graduate

What year you in?
Original post by Lúcio
Are we talking about women or jobs?

Inb4 both :wink:

Just work. I know i've got no chance with women so I don't even try there :lol:

Every interview is the same ''oh you interviewed really well but other people had more experience'' so there isn't really any feedback to go off! I suppose its not the end of the world as I don't have to move until 30th June.
Original post by The.Joker
@sr90

how did you prepare for your history exams? My first one is in 1.5 weeks and I'm dreading it. Did you just go over content i.e lecture/seminar notes and have a few quotes from historians/know the historical debate? I just want a 2:1 since first year is worth only 10%.

How are yours structured?

My uni had 10 week terms so we'd do 1 topic a week, and the exam would have a choice of questions. You had to answer 2 and couldn't duplicate what you had done the essay on, so i'd thoroughly study 3 topics (2 was too risky in case you got a really shitty question) and briefly go over a couple more. It's physically impossible to cover everything.

Definitely have a few quotes and name drop people, preferrably if they've got contrasting views on a subject. You probably know this already but to get a 2.1, especially in latter years, you can't just tell the story so to speak. You need an argument.
Original post by sr90
Just work. I know i've got no chance with women so I don't even try there :lol:

Every interview is the same ''oh you interviewed really well but other people had more experience'' so there isn't really any feedback to go off! I suppose its not the end of the world as I don't have to move until 30th June.

Haha I wouldn't put yourself down too much man. Srs question - have you ever considered dating sites? I know there's still a fair bit of negative stigma attached to them but for somebody like yourself with such low confidence, it might be worth looking it to it.
The way I see it, you're probably decent once you get talking to a girl but can't seem to take the first step and initiate - I know it's not ideal but maybe a dating site could help you overcome this confidence issue by putting you in an environment with similar people :smile:

You'll get one eventually - you have experience and it's only a matter of time. Are you still looking in London or planning to move North?
Original post by sr90
How are yours structured?

My uni had 10 week terms so we'd do 1 topic a week, and the exam would have a choice of questions. You had to answer 2 and couldn't duplicate what you had done the essay on, so i'd thoroughly study 3 topics (2 was too risky in case you got a really shitty question) and briefly go over a couple more. It's physically impossible to cover everything.

Definitely have a few quotes and name drop people, preferrably if they've got contrasting views on a subject. You probably know this already but to get a 2.1, especially in latter years, you can't just tell the story so to speak. You need an argument.

Depends on the modules, like I do two year long modules which have 24 topics. In the year long modules the exams are 3 hours long and they set 12 questions and we answer 3, luckily we can choose any question even if it's a topic we did our assignments on. Then I have two one semester long modules where there are 8 questions and we answer 2 questions, again we can choose a question which we did our assignments on.
Original post by jam277
I do think that they want heterosexual sex as much as men, but there's just something about homosexual sex that seems so passionate.I would have probably tried it out sometime if I wasn't heterosexual.
Reply 2768
@sr90

Did I do something wrong?
Reply 2769
Really don't understand, I look at lectures and think.. I'm ****ed

I look at past exam papers and I think :colone::colone:
Original post by swirly

How dare you use the Wee-Bey gif without having watched The Wire
Original post by Kenan and Kel
How dare you use the Wee-Bey gif without having watched The Wire

Power >>> The Wire.
Original post by swirly
Power >>> The Wire.

Lol I tried watching Power, just not high quality enough
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lol I tried watching Power, just not high quality enough

I tried watching The Wire, just nothing interesting ever happened.

I wanted it to be a whole Grove Street Families vs The Ballas vs Tenpenny situation but it wasnt.

The chess scene was GOAT though.
Original post by swirly
I tried watching The Wire, just nothing interesting ever happened.

I wanted it to be a whole Grove Street Families vs The Ballas vs Tenpenny situation but it wasnt.

The chess scene was GOAT though.

There's a reason it holds the highest reputation of any show ever

There's a reason you can talk to snakes Harry

You have to give it a chance. On first viewing, I thought season 1 and 2 were both quite average. Once I finished the series, I realised how terrible of an opinion that was. Watching season 1/2 on second viewing, I realised it was unbelievable television.
Original post by SA-1
Really don't understand, I look at lectures and think.. I'm ****ed

I look at past exam papers and I think :colone::colone:

I'm generally the opposite, look at lectures and think it's straight forward, I look at the exam papers then an **** myself.
Original post by Lúcio
Haha I wouldn't put yourself down too much man. Srs question - have you ever considered dating sites? I know there's still a fair bit of negative stigma attached to them but for somebody like yourself with such low confidence, it might be worth looking it to it.
The way I see it, you're probably decent once you get talking to a girl but can't seem to take the first step and initiate - I know it's not ideal but maybe a dating site could help you overcome this confidence issue by putting you in an environment with similar people :smile:

You'll get one eventually - you have experience and it's only a matter of time. Are you still looking in London or planning to move North?

I've had people say that before but i'm far too ugly for a dating site :lol: Think a fat version of Toni Kroos. Any girl who goes on to one of those places has a lot of options and I wouldn't be good enough.

I'd prefer up north but I refuse to drop below 25k and there's very few jobs up north for that sort of wage unfortunately.

Original post by SA-1
@sr90

Did I do something wrong?

What do you mean?
Original post by sr90
I've had people say that before but i'm far too ugly for a dating site :lol: Think a fat version of Toni Kroos. Any girl who goes on to one of those places has a lot of options and I wouldn't be good enough.

I'd prefer up north but I refuse to drop below 25k and there's very few jobs up north for that sort of wage unfortunately

Seriously?
Mate pls, you have 1/10 chavs on Jeremy Kyle who have women fighting over them - although to some people looks are important, confidence is huge too. It's amazing how high a guy can reach if he's confident (or at least appears so).

Obviously you can't just create confidence out of nothing, you need experiences for it to build upon. That's why datings sites wouldn't be that bad. Everybody is one there for the same reason so it's not like you'd have anything to be embarrassed about. Many girls are on there for the same reasons you are so I'm willing to bet they don't care about looks nearly as much as you think they do.

I'm not gonna lie mate, physical attractiveness is the big thing and it always will be because it's just human nature, however that doesn't mean you're screwed if you don't look like Zayn (@rEaR vIeW u mirin the reference?). There are plenty of things you can do - get new clothes, lose some weight (if applicable), get a new trim. All of those things will increase your confidence and make you look better while doing so. If you can have a bit of success on dating sites, it'll build you up until you can do it irl without a second thought.

I know it's easier to say than do, but humans aren't designed to be alone and eventually you're going to need to push yourself to make the step you're so afraid of.

As far as jobs go, people I work with earn <£20k and still manage just fine in Leeds. You'll be surprised at just how much cheaper things are up North. Best to move up here, get yourself a £18-22k job and have a base to build upon whilst earning experience at the same time :smile:
Original post by AR_95
I just thought if they were actually going to do it, then do it better. The episode was fine, I specifically meant the ending sorry

The implications of what's going to happen next are great though
Posted from TSR Mobile

***GoT discussion ahead***

Spoiler

Reply 2779
Original post by The Wavefunction
I'm generally the opposite, look at lectures and think it's straight forward, I look at the exam papers then an **** myself.

Same!! But this time it's mental. I just did a past paper and got 90%, but still when I look at the lecture notes I'm like "****ing hell I know nothing"

Original post by sr90
I

What do you mean?

I got a message saying a post has been removed for some reason. I never break rules here

Latest