The Student Room Group

Exams start tomorrow!!

Hello everyone, i am new to this but i wanted to know if anyone could answer this question?
Right, so basically i am feeling very ill and i am full of cold. But, i have my real English Language GCSE exam tomorrow, and i am dreading it. Knowing i am ill and sat in a exam hall for 2 hours is going to kill me, and i know i wont be able to do as good as i could. Will i be able to retake it? or maybe tell the examiner that i am ill, so they take that in to account and know i haven't reached my potential, as i could if i wasn't ill?
Thankyou!
Original post by Leighanna_
Hello everyone, i am new to this but i wanted to know if anyone could answer this question?
Right, so basically i am feeling very ill and i am full of cold. But, i have my real English Language GCSE exam tomorrow, and i am dreading it. Knowing i am ill and sat in a exam hall for 2 hours is going to kill me, and i know i wont be able to do as good as i could. Will i be able to retake it? or maybe tell the examiner that i am ill, so they take that in to account and know i haven't reached my potential, as i could if i wasn't ill?
Thankyou!

You would probably have to get some kind of note from your doctor and give it to your exams officer so you can be considered for the special considerations thing or whatever it is called.
Reply 2
If you get medical evidence, i.e. a doctor's note, then your Exams Officer may be able to request Special Consideration. Speak to them either this afternoon or ASAP tomorrow.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by cookiemonster15
You would probably have to get some kind of note from your doctor and give it to your exams officer so you can be considered for the special considerations thing or whatever it is called.

Thankyou!
Reply 4
Original post by Whiggy
If you get medical evidence, i.e. a doctor's note, then your Exams Officer may be able to request Special Consideration. Speak to them either this afternoon or ASAP tomorrow.

Good luck! :smile:

I wouldn't be able to today due to it been bank holiday, i think? im not sure. So it will have to be tomorrow. But, thankyou anyway :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Email your teacher, if you feel really ill you don't need to go into school to do the exam you'll be asked to give a doctors note explaining why you didn't come in but you'll get your predicted grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by cathartic
Email your teacher, if you feel really ill you don't need to go into school to do the exam you'll be asked to give a doctors note explaining why you didn't come in but you'll get your predicted grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure it works like that? :s-smilie: I know about the doctor's note, but i didnt know they give you your predicted grade? Thankyou anyway :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Leighanna_
I wouldn't be able to today due to it been bank holiday, i think? im not sure. So it will have to be tomorrow. But, thankyou anyway :smile:

Oh yeah, silly me:redface:, it'll have to be tomorrow. It should be fine though. You're welcome! :smile:
I have igcse english language exam tomorrow aswell.

Get yourself better by tonight. If you still feel the same or feeling worse by tomorrow in the morning, then you should get your doctor's note for medical evidence to allow exam officers to let you to take a day off and do the exam next time. I hope you get well soon and good luck for tomorrow :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by sophia.f
I have igcse english language exam tomorrow aswell.

Get yourself better by tonight. If you still feel the same or feeling worse by tomorrow in the morning, then you should get your doctor's note for medical evidence to allow exam officers to let you to take a day off and do the exam next time. I hope you get well soon and good luck for tomorrow :smile:

Thankyou so much! Yeah, i will just have to see how i am in the morning. Good luck for your exam tomorrow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest