The Student Room Group

How long does it take to do your makeup?

Scroll to see replies

5 mins.. Powder, blush and lipstick only.
i dont wear foundation tho i jus focus on ma eyesss
on a normal day probs about 15-20 mins

on a special ocassion or smething probs an hr
about 15 mins everyday make up
25-30 for special occasions
20-30 mins normal day
45 mins for a special occasion :biggrin: - rarely have those. but experiment with eye shadows and stuff on normal days out of boredom
In the mornings when I'm in a rush around 10 minutes... Eye-liner takes me the longest to do, when I can't get the 'fleek' right or end up smudging it :cry2:. So, I usually just stick to mascara, eye-liner, lipstick and sometimes concealer. Although, when I go out (party, special occasion) I sometimes I add foundation and blush (so I don't look too pale). Talking about concealers, I have ran out of mine, need to get one asap. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
About 15m.
Usually about 30 minutes but i enjoy doing make up so dont mind and i break it up with breakfast and i always watch a tv show haha. This is my routine:
Moisturiser
Foundation + buff
Concelor + buff
Powder
At this point i go make porridge and usually eat it after doing the rest of my make up
Highlighter
Bronzer
Blusher
Eyebrows
Mascara

I could do this in like 15 minutes if I'm rushing and sometimes skip the highlighter/bronzer/blusher.

For a night out (or i just fancy it) i might spend an extra 15 minutes doing eyeliner (i have quite bad eyesight in my left eye even when corrected as best as possible so this usually takes a while) and maybe eyeshadow and lipgloss.
Original post by silverfootsteps
How long do you take to do your makeup everyday and what products do you use as opposed to if you were going out or for a special occasion?

Any tips on how to speed up makeup application? I feel like I take too long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It usually takes me about 15 minutes, this includes foundation, eyebrows, eyeliner, blush and mascara. I'm not keen on lipstick so I usually don't bother
I take about 30 minutes to apply makeup- hence why I don't wear it everyday and only for occasions. I try to be quite precise with my make up and make sure that everything is blended well but I think that it takes me so long because I often get distracted by my phone and music playing. If you are like me, I'd recommend switching off your phone and all music to avoid distractions. :smile:
Original post by silverfootsteps
How long do you take to do your makeup everyday and what products do you use as opposed to if you were going out or for a special occasion?

Any tips on how to speed up makeup application? I feel like I take too long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take about 5 minutes if I'm in a rush and 15 minutes if I'm going out.

I found that if you put only the makeup you use into a makeup bag you cut out time faffing out deciding what blush to wear ect. Do you use foundation brushes? I find a buffer brush speeds up the application time.
As a guy, 0 minutes.

It does seem quite odd to think i would paint things onto my face for twenty minutes or thirty a day. Imho best to go natural and your real self
Original post by Tawheed
As a guy, 0 minutes.

It does seem quite odd to think i would paint things onto my face for twenty minutes or thirty a day. Imho best to go natural and your real self

lol
makes me laugh because I bet you girls that you think look "natural" and their "real selves" are wearing makeup even if it's just a little
About 10 mins for my everyday uni look which consists of primer, foundation and mascara.

If I am going out or to a special event then about 30 mins for eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, highlight etc

For a quicker application, it really depends what you use each day. For my everyday look, I have cut my routine down to 3 products so that I can apply my makeup really quickly.

I am lucky to have naturally dark and shaped brows so I don't need to touch them (which would have taken up a lot of time), so if you have naturally thinner or lighter coloured eyebrows then maybe consider an eyebrow tint, therefore you don't have to spend ages making sure they are equal in the morning.

With foundation, i find for liquid foundation that a good blending brush gives a quicker and flawless application as opposed to a sponge which gives amazing coverage but takes longer to use.

Hope this helps ! :smile:
I'd say about 10 minutes every day. LOL this is for just concealer (which I wear every single day practically) and the days when I wear a bit extra e.g. mascara, lip products, fill in brows etc. I feel like when it comes to eyeliner, that just adds another 5 mins!
Reply 34
Everyday look- Base, Foundation, Eyebrow Wax, eyebrow powder, eyeshadow, lip balm, lip gloss/lip stick, blush, finishing powder, eyeliner, mascara, finishing spray- 5-10minutes

Woop woop look- Base, Foundation, highlighting concealer, contouring concealer, bronzer, blusher, highlight, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow (Naked palette), eyebrow wax, eyebrow powder, eyeliner, mascara, false lashes (maybe), lip balm, lipstick, finishing powder, finishing spray. - 20-30 minutes

JESUS, I never realised I wore so much. It looks pretty subtle, to be honest.
lately since i've been preoccupied with exams haven't been wearing makeup but usually for school it would take me 30-40 minutes, probs an hour on special occasions.
5 mins on mascara
5 mins on lipstick and lip liner
10 mins on eyebrows
<5 minutes - can't be bothered but want to wear some:
- winged eyeliner, mascara, lipstick.

10-15 minutes full face - casual:
- the above, primer, foundation, eyebrow pomade, base + three shades of similar eyeshadows, highlight, eye/lip liners, setting spray.

20> minutes full face - night out:
- the above, usually more eye shadow colours, more time spent on eyebrows with powder/pencil, blush, sometimes false lashes.
Reply 38
1 hour maybe 1 hour and a half I like to take my time and I'm kinda a glam girl
Original post by sinfonietta
<5 minutes - can't be bothered but want to wear some:
- winged eyeliner, mascara, lipstick.

10-15 minutes full face - casual:
- the above, primer, foundation, eyebrow pomade, base + three shades of similar eyeshadows, highlight, eye/lip liners, setting spray.

20> minutes full face - night out:
- the above, usually more eye shadow colours, more time spent on eyebrows with powder/pencil, blush, sometimes false lashes.

dang this is an old thread but you must be good af at make up cause it takes me 5 minutes just to do my eyebrows and mascara. tbf i have no eyebrows (i do, they're just very faint and end early loool) but dannngg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending