5. Letter
6. Blog post
7. Diary entry
I got 35, 37, 38 + 10 for portfolio
and 29 for the S+L
What do I need for an A*
Try to go for the highest grade boundaries as possible please
TY
HI guys I know exam is tomorrow and I have read that course work and speaking exam make up 60%. how much exactly does the speaking make up.
Because I got a B in my coursework, a D on my speaking and I am targeting a A for the exam what would you expect me to get if I managed to get the A in the exam tomorrow.
Reply 503
Original post by Brian_Strugnell
HI guys I know exam is tomorrow and I have read that course work and speaking exam make up 60%. how much exactly does the speaking make up.
Because I got a B in my coursework, a D on my speaking and I am targeting a A for the exam what would you expect me to get if I managed to get the A in the exam tomorrow.

Speaking is 20%
If you managed an A tomorrow you would be sitting on a comfortable B.
Reply 504
Original post by Year11Struggles
I got 35, 37, 38 + 10 for portfolio
and 29 for the S+L
What do I need for an A*
Try to go for the highest grade boundaries as possible please
TY

35+ to scrape A* but aim for 40+
what is the form of a formal report and dialogue as i believe one of the two will com up tomorrow?
Original post by ad4m
35+ to scrape A* but aim for 40+

Thanks so much for the reply. Gonna aim for 42< in case my coursework gets moderate down. Don't think it will though, I feel as though I deserved my marks. Excited and nervous for tomorrow.
So I got:

Argumentative: 38 + 10 for reading
Persuasive: 36
Narrative: 36

Speaking and Listening I got: 23/30 overall - can anyone tell me what mark I need to get an A or A* please?
Original post by ad4m
Speaking is 20%
If you managed an A tomorrow you would be sitting on a comfortable B.

Thanks
Reply 509
Original post by sstudyacc
so i got:

Argumentative: 38 + 10 for reading
persuasive: 36
narrative: 36

speaking and listening i got: 23/30 overall - can anyone tell me what mark i need to get an a or a* please?

a* - 40/50
a - 30/50
Original post by ad4m
a* - 40/50
a - 30/50

Thank you :smile:
I felt like my speaking exam was harshly marked considering everyone else I'm my class who had a different teacher got better marks (and I don't believe that they are better than me) they are still to be finally moderated what do you think is the chance that it will go up? and will it cost for me to get it remarked. my teachers an idiot and has refused to remark my exam.
So what forms of writing does everyone think is gonna come up for Q1?
Reply 513
Original post by Brian_Strugnell
I felt like my speaking exam was harshly marked considering everyone else I'm my class who had a different teacher got better marks (and I don't believe that they are better than me) they are still to be finally moderated what do you think is the chance that it will go up? and will it cost for me to get it remarked. my teachers an idiot and has refused to remark my exam.

each teacher's marking is moderated by Cambridge. if your teacher has marked your class harshly then it could go up/everyone else's go down. it is difficult to apply for a speaking remark because it is assessed internally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know how the grade boundaries are structured??
I got 38,39 and 37+8with 29 on my speaking any idea what I need to get in my exam??
Original post by Dylan_C_99
Anyone know how the grade boundaries are structured??

Chamakama?
Original post by Year11Struggles
Chamakama?

??
Guys, last year u needed 70/100 for an a* overall......this is for the people who don't do coursework
Original post by ad4m
each teacher's marking is moderated by Cambridge. if your teacher has marked your class harshly then it could go up/everyone else's go down. it is difficult to apply for a speaking remark because it is assessed internally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So then that means each and every speaking exam is re-watched and re-marked if needed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending