The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did 9 exams last week; 3 of them over 2 hours long, 1x 1.5 hours long and the rest 1hr 15 long. I have 2x 2 hr long papers and 2 x 1hour 15 papers in the next 2 days

Help me pls
Just had the football game of my life.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2782
Original post by Angry cucumber
I did 9 exams last week; 3 of them over 2 hours long, 1x 1.5 hours long and the rest 1hr 15 long. I have 2x 2 hr long papers and 2 x 1hour 15 papers in the next 2 days

Help me pls

I don't think you'll have time to go over stuff you don't know in that time frame. What I'll do is really perfect the stuff that you're good at and try pick up extra marks that way

..unless there are straight forward things you can learn like definitions

Also, rest.. Even if you lay in bed and can't sleep, it's almost as effective as sleeping.

Eat well before etc, so your brain peaks at the right time
Original post by SA-1
I don't think you'll have time to go over stuff you don't know in that time frame. What I'll do is really perfect the stuff that you're good at and try pick up extra marks that way

..unless there are straight forward things you can learn like definitions

Also, rest.. Even if you lay in bed and can't sleep, it's almost as effective as sleeping.

Eat well before etc, so your brain peaks at the right time

I'm just doing broad concepts today, the particulars can go screw themselves after last weeks exams when there was 0 lecture material and 100% pub quiz material in it.

Just so tired man, been revising/ doing exams for 6 weeks now.

Your masters is in something to do with brains iirc?
Reply 2784
I'm just doing broad concepts today, the particulars can go screw themselves after last weeks exams when there was 0 lecture material and 100% pub quiz material in it.

Just so tired man, been revising/ doing exams for 6 weeks now.

Your masters is in something to do with brains iirc?

:rofl: yeah I got a feeling I'm going to get trolled like that in my exam.

Are they over soon?

Yeah neurorehabillitation, what are you studying?
Original post by SA-1
:rofl: yeah I got a feeling I'm going to get trolled like that in my exam.

Are they over soon?

Yeah neurorehabillitation, what are you studying?

Yeah the last of my 13 are wednesday. 48 hours of hell left

I can't tell you much about neurorehabilitation other than physio, hydrotherapy, urine catherisation and analgesia 4 dayz. I study vet med; 4th year
Original post by fallen_acorns
Just had the football game of my life.

Spoiler

This is all the comes to mind reading this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WqOxNspUPyE

"Well done...he's 13"
Reply 2787
Yeah the last of my 13 are wednesday. 48 hours of hell left

I can't tell you much about neurorehabilitation other than physio, hydrotherapy, urine catherisation and analgesia 4 dayz. I study vet med; 4th year

What does a catheter or analgesics have to do with Neurorehab :rofl:

I couldn't either, about vet med. Apart from finding out that there are certain conditions/viral infections that wouldn't effect other species..

Pretty much common sense, but you wouldn't really think it otherwise..
Original post by SA-1
What does a catheter or analgesics have to do with Neurorehab :rofl:

I couldn't either, about vet med. Apart from finding out that there are certain conditions/viral infections that wouldn't effect other species..

Pretty much common sense, but you wouldn't really think it otherwise..

Our patients have major problem regaining motor and urine control post neuro injury. Hence catheterisation and giving them awesome doses of analgesia to try and get them moving and functioning early :smile:

Is it all neuro rehab for you, or specific injuries/ conditions?
Reply 2789
Our patients have major problem regaining motor and urine control post neuro injury. Hence catheterisation and giving them awesome doses of analgesia to try and get them moving and functioning early :smile:

Is it all neuro rehab for you, or specific injuries/ conditions?

Of course it does
Reply 2790
@AR_95 one of your boys is doing press ups on the third floor of the library ffs
Reply 2791
Original post by sr90
I've had people say that before but i'm far too ugly for a dating site :lol: Think a fat version of Toni Kroos. Any girl who goes on to one of those places has a lot of options and I wouldn't be good enough.

I'd prefer up north but I refuse to drop below 25k and there's very few jobs up north for that sort of wage unfortunately.

What do you mean?

You will still be earning more up north with a lower salary, you firstly could live with family and if not rent is cheap as **** there compared to here.
Original post by SA-1
@AR_95 one of your boys is doing press ups on the third floor of the library ffs

tell him to do one init
Original post by SA-1

time your walk with his to meet him outside:wink:
Reply 2794
Original post by swirly
time your walk with his to meet him outside:wink:

:rofl:

Nah library is 24/7

No need
Original post by SA-1

Nah library is 24/7

No need

Reply 2796
Original post by AR_95
I just thought if they were actually going to do it, then do it better. The episode was fine, I specifically meant the ending sorry

The implications of what's going to happen next are great though
Posted from TSR Mobile

Was kinda expecting that ending tbh and it was decent.

Spoiler

Original post by SA-1
Same!! But this time it's mental. I just did a past paper and got 90%, but still when I look at the lecture notes I'm like "****ing hell I know nothing"

I got a message saying a post has been removed for some reason. I never break rules here

No idea mate. I've not deleted anything from the Misc thread today.

When posts get deleted usually anything that quotes it/replies to it gets deleted too so maybe you just did that?

Original post by Lúcio
Seriously?
Mate pls, you have 1/10 chavs on Jeremy Kyle who have women fighting over them - although to some people looks are important, confidence is huge too. It's amazing how high a guy can reach if he's confident (or at least appears so).

Obviously you can't just create confidence out of nothing, you need experiences for it to build upon. That's why datings sites wouldn't be that bad. Everybody is one there for the same reason so it's not like you'd have anything to be embarrassed about. Many girls are on there for the same reasons you are so I'm willing to bet they don't care about looks nearly as much as you think they do.

I'm not gonna lie mate, physical attractiveness is the big thing and it always will be because it's just human nature, however that doesn't mean you're screwed if you don't look like Zayn (@rEaR vIeW u mirin the reference?). There are plenty of things you can do - get new clothes, lose some weight (if applicable), get a new trim. All of those things will increase your confidence and make you look better while doing so. If you can have a bit of success on dating sites, it'll build you up until you can do it irl without a second thought.

I know it's easier to say than do, but humans aren't designed to be alone and eventually you're going to need to push yourself to make the step you're so afraid of.

As far as jobs go, people I work with earn <£20k and still manage just fine in Leeds. You'll be surprised at just how much cheaper things are up North. Best to move up here, get yourself a £18-22k job and have a base to build upon whilst earning experience at the same time :smile:

I'd be prepared to drop to 21k somewhere like Manchester or Leeds (doubt i'd consider anywhere else) for the right opportunity. As i'd need to make friends in the area i'd firstly look for a random house share rather than a flat, and those will be dirt cheap i'm sure.

Losing weight would probably help yeh,i'm not a porker like Steve Bruce but I definitely need to trim down. When I was in school I was playing football to a high level and was really in shape, and even then I hated my appearance so much. I think thats the main reason why I haven't joined a gym.

I suppose age is the issue too. I'm 25 and I haven't even kissed a girl before, you don't really expect a bloke my age to be frigid and inexperienced. I have absolutely no issues talking to women as most of my friends are/have been girls, i've just never really attempted to do anything with anyone.
Original post by sr90
No idea mate. I've not deleted anything from the Misc thread today.

When posts get deleted usually anything that quotes it/replies to it gets deleted too so maybe you just did that?

I'd be prepared to drop to 21k somewhere like Manchester or Leeds (doubt i'd consider anywhere else) for the right opportunity. As i'd need to make friends in the area i'd firstly look for a random house share rather than a flat, and those will be dirt cheap i'm sure.

Losing weight would probably help yeh,i'm not a porker like Steve Bruce but I definitely need to trim down. When I was in school I was playing football to a high level and was really in shape, and even then I hated my appearance so much. I think thats the main reason why I haven't joined a gym.

I suppose age is the issue too. I'm 25 and I haven't even kissed a girl before, you don't really expect a bloke my age to be frigid and inexperienced. I have absolutely no issues talking to women as most of my friends are/have been girls, i've just never really attempted to do anything with anyone.

What kind of job is it you're looking for?

And getting a girl is basically a numbers game. The more you try it with, the more likely you'll be to "catch" one.
Original post by sr90
x

Maybe I'm overreacting slightly, but have you ever considered therapy/counselling for your low self esteem?

Latest