CaptainScrew
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have my AS french oral in a week and I'm unsure about how to prepare, I've written answers for some questions about my topic(lifestyle: health and fitness) but are there any better ways to prepare?
CharlotteHolly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yours must be different to mine then, as I don't have a clue what I'll have to talk about! Mine is on Wednesday this week, and I've just made sure that I have set phrases that I can add into any conversation (and change it slightly) so I definitely get a range of tenses in, including the subjunctive. Also, as you know what topic you're talking about, make sure you've got topic specific vocab as that's what the examiner will be expecting. It's also a good idea to have sentence starters and comparative phrases so that your conversation sounds confident and fluent, as that's mainly what the examiners are looking for. Good luck!
CaptainScrew
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by CharlotteHolly)
Yours must be different to mine then, as I don't have a clue what I'll have to talk about! Mine is on Wednesday this week, and I've just made sure that I have set phrases that I can add into any conversation (and change it slightly) so I definitely get a range of tenses in, including the subjunctive. Also, as you know what topic you're talking about, make sure you've got topic specific vocab as that's what the examiner will be expecting. It's also a good idea to have sentence starters and comparative phrases so that your conversation sounds confident and fluent, as that's mainly what the examiners are looking for. Good luck!
Yeah I only know the topic area I've been given and my teacher has given me some practice questions do you know any french radio or channels I could listen to. Thanks and good luck to you too!
CharlotteHolly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CaptainScrew)
Yeah I only know the topic area I've been given and my teacher has given me some practice questions do you know any french radio or channels I could listen to. Thanks and good luck to you too!
In class, we've been watching real French news clips on YouTube, and I think you can get the Newshound articles read out to you as well which might help if you can listen to it and then go back and check it when you read the article.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (364)
59.09%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.36%
No- I want it (174)
28.25%
No- I don't want it (45)
7.31%

Watched Threads