The Student Room Group

I finally deactivated facebook, AMA!

I deleted the MMO I used to play and have deactivated my facebook account, I'm halfway to being free from distractions.
Is TSR next?

and what are trying to concentrate on? A2?
Original post by C-rated
I deleted the MMO I used to play and have deactivated my facebook account, I'm halfway to being free from distractions.

deactivation doesn't really count. you can sign back in as if you hadn't deactivated it at all!

deleting your account would have been impressive
:congrats: now you can live
Reply 5
Original post by C-rated
AMA.

How often would you post a status update on there?
:smile:
Original post by C-rated

Is TSR the other half of the distractions? TSR is way more distracting, I don't think I have had any human contact in ages. :tongue:
can you get reps on facebook ? :hmmmm2:
Reply 8
Original post by ForestShadow
Is TSR next?

and what are trying to concentrate on? A2?

TSR or reddit, but I'm working one step at a time, I am indeed trying to focus on A2s

Original post by jsmith6131
deactivation doesn't really count. you can sign back in as if you hadn't deactivated it at all!

deleting your account would have been impressive

I was not aware that was possible

Original post by Davalla
How often would you post a status update on there?
:smile:

Once every few months but I would go on every couple of hours to browse memes

It defo reduces the temptation to go on and browse

Original post by the bear
can you get reps on facebook ? :hmmmm2:

Nah ofc not
Reply 9
Original post by C-rated

I think its probably overly simplistic to say that removing facebook makes you even halfway to freedom from distraction.
Reply 10
Original post by JPO92
I think its probably overly simplistic to say that removing facebook makes you even halfway to freedom from distraction.

based on time spent on the MMO and facebook compared to other distractions, I would say that's about half way
Reply 11
Original post by C-rated
based on time spent on the MMO and facebook compared to other distractions, I would say that's about half way

Distractions of the media type are everywhere. You'd be better working on a way to filter it out than removing yourself from it altogether.
I just use Facebook Purity which filters out all the crap so I only need to check facebook once a day. I also deleted a ton of people I don't care about.
Does this inevitably mean that you will lose contact with people who are not necessarily close friends, but still people that you want to keep in touch with? Or do you have a plan B? :smile: I want to leave FB too one day as I hardly use it, but I want to stay in touch with old school friends.
Original post by C-rated

At LAST! Your not a grandad anymore! :biggrin:
You can now freely use insta, snapchat, and TSR :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Does this inevitably mean that you will lose contact with people who are not necessarily close friends, but still people that you want to keep in touch with? Or do you have a plan B? :smile: I want to leave FB too one day as I hardly use it, but I want to stay in touch with old school friends.

I'm planning on dropping contact with everyone apart from family and 4/5 of my friends (haven't decided on the 5th one yet) once I get to university. I'm planning on keeping my name but going under an alias change so if by some coincidence someone I know sees me, then I can just pretend I'm actually my new alias instead
I never had Facebook

Quick Reply

Latest