The Student Room Group

What's being a student in London like?

Question is in the title - firmed a london uni.

:h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by thechemistress

Where you heading?

Yo, how many medicine offers did you receive? :smile: I didn't know you got 800 average damn girl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BBeyond
Where you heading?

King's College London :h:

Original post by Sacred Ground
Yo, how many medicine offers did you receive? :smile: I didn't know you got 800 average damn girl

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks :lol: I got three offers and then a rejection from Oxford XD

Not sure how Oxford rejected you... You have the best stats I've seen on this forum. Anyhow, congrats and all the best for exam season
Original post by Sacred Ground
Not sure how Oxford rejected you... You have the best stats I've seen on this forum. Anyhow, congrats and all the best for exam season

Thanks, good luck to you :biggrin:
Reply 6

That's sick :biggrin: I'm heading to LSE might see you out :tongue:
x

I'm at KCL for postgrad and I love it, I went to uni in Hampshire for my undergrad and I have noticed a big difference. I did also love my undergrad uni and it was in a big city, obviously not as big as London. But KCL is so beautiful, the Maughan is an amazing place to study and the opportunities are endless. Being in the centre of London where most big firms and companies are is obviously an advantage.

People tend not to like London or moan about it because it's a) dirty b) busy c) expensive. I don't think it's necessarily much more dirty than other places, yes it's busy because it's a huge city and I find that one of the best things about it, and I also don't really think it's that much more expensive. Other cities are becoming increasingly expensive too so I think the gap between London and others is narrowing. Plus London transport is so much better than other cities.

I think you've made a great choice coming to London for uni, I kinda wish I had gone to KCL for my undergrad (except I've lived in London forever so it was really nice to experience somewhere else for 3 years)
Congratulations on the KCL!
It's absolutely amazing! I've lived in London the whole time I've been in England and for a student it's great. The downside is that it can be really expensive but you do get great bargains if you look around and there's an amazing music scene. I doubt you would get bored of it at all.

Congrats on the KCL offer too! I hear they're pretty wild during Freshers :wink:
Original post by BBeyond
That's sick :biggrin: I'm heading to LSE might see you out :tongue:

Ooh nice, well done! :biggrin: Haha yeah, will see you around :tongue:

Original post by infairverona
I'm at KCL for postgrad and I love it, I went to uni in Hampshire for my undergrad and I have noticed a big difference. I did also love my undergrad uni and it was in a big city, obviously not as big as London. But KCL is so beautiful, the Maughan is an amazing place to study and the opportunities are endless. Being in the centre of London where most big firms and companies are is obviously an advantage.

People tend not to like London or moan about it because it's a) dirty b) busy c) expensive. I don't think it's necessarily much more dirty than other places, yes it's busy because it's a huge city and I find that one of the best things about it, and I also don't really think it's that much more expensive. Other cities are becoming increasingly expensive too so I think the gap between London and others is narrowing. Plus London transport is so much better than other cities.

I think you've made a great choice coming to London for uni, I kinda wish I had gone to KCL for my undergrad (except I've lived in London forever so it was really nice to experience somewhere else for 3 years)

This just made me more excited about studying there next year, haha! :biggrin: I was a tiny bit worried after reading another thread on here in which some people were veryyyy negative about london but this is reassuring :biggrin:
Original post by FusionNetworks
Congratulations on the KCL!

Thank you! :biggrin:

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It's absolutely amazing! I've lived in London the whole time I've been in England and for a student it's great. The downside is that it can be really expensive but you do get great bargains if you look around and there's an amazing music scene. I doubt you would get bored of it at all.

Congrats on the KCL offer too! I hear they're pretty wild during Freshers :wink:

Hahah, I'll have to learn to budget like a pro then :lol: Yeah, the music scene sounds like it's going to be fantastic, so excited for all the future (potential) concerts :biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin: Suits me perfectly then :lol: :tongue:

This just made me more excited about studying there next year, haha! :biggrin: I was a tiny bit worried after reading another thread on here in which some people were veryyyy negative about london but this is reassuring :biggrin:

People tend to either be really excited or really negative about London. I think the latter are either just jealous, or they don't like London in general which doesn't make it an inherently bad place to study. I'm sure you will love it!

Congrats!

It's amazing,you'll never run out of stuff to do. Are you going to be at guy's?
Original post by infairverona

I went there for my undergrad studies and graduated a while ago. I miss everything about guy's, the Maughan library,borough market and other cool stuff in the London Bridge area and the support I got during my time there. It was worth the money and wished I had accepted a place there for next year but unfortunately not!

That amazing! I'm hoping to study at UCL/KCL in sep :smile:

I'm assuming you'll be at Guys campus? :redface:
Original post by queen-bee
Congrats!

It's amazing,you'll never run out of stuff to do. Are you going to be at guy's?

Thank you! :biggrin: Yep, Guy's :biggrin:

Original post by queen-bee
I went there for my undergrad studies and graduated a while ago. I miss everything about guy's, the Maughan library,borough market and other cool stuff in the London Bridge area and the support I got during my time there. It was worth the money and wished I had accepted a place there for next year but unfortunately not!

Oh wow, it sounds really good! :biggrin: What made you decide against accepting a place there for next year? :h:

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
That amazing! I'm hoping to study at UCL/KCL in sep :smile:

I'm assuming you'll be at Guys campus? :redface:

Ooh, nice! What course??

Yep, I'll be at guy's which should be fun :biggrin: It's such a pretty campus!
Thank you! :biggrin: Yep, Guy's :biggrin:

Oh wow, it sounds really good! :biggrin: What made you decide against accepting a place there for next year? :h:

Ooh, nice! What course??

Yep, I'll be at guy's which should be fun :biggrin: It's such a pretty campus!

Theoretical Physics at Strand. :smile:
Reply 18
Wow congrads! Care to share any quick revision tips :wink:?
Any one here heading to the Royal conservatoire of Scotland air RADA?

Quick Reply

Latest