The Student Room Group

What percentage of correct answers to get C or B in A-Level Biology?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by _Xenon_
May 17th

I'm doing the international biology. Must have different dates. First exam is next monday. Unit 3 exam.
Original post by the81kid
I'm doing the international biology. Must have different dates. First exam is next monday. Unit 3 exam.

Good luck mate
Reply 22
Original post by _Xenon_
Good luck mate

Thanks, I'm gonna need it.
Good luck to you too!
I've realised dropping maximum 20 marks will get you in the B/A boundary
Reply 24
Original post by ImagineCats
I've realised dropping maximum 20 marks will get you in the B/A boundary

20 marks in one exam? To get the B/A boundary in that one exam?
Or do you mean 20 marks over all the exams?
20 marks in one exam? To get the B/A boundary in that one exam?
Or do you mean 20 marks over all the exams?

1 exam. OCR A biology (haven't looked at other papers soz) papers I've been getting 42/60 which gets me in the B boundary (40/60) and close to the A (44/60)

Can't find any overall grade boundaries for all the papers :frown:
Reply 26
Original post by ImagineCats
1 exam. OCR A biology (haven't looked at other papers soz) papers I've been getting 42/60 which gets me in the B boundary (40/60) and close to the A (44/60)

Can't find any overall grade boundaries for all the papers :frown:

Don't worry. And thanks. Hopefully tomorrow I'll give myself a timed exam with a past paper. I'm not sure if that's good news or not(!), because my general knowledge is quite good, just my specific knowledge needs a lot of work. But losing 20 marks sounds okay... but I don't want to get my hopes up right now. I've had a quick look at the Edexcel exams, and the mark scheme seems very similar. I'll look more in depth tomorrow if I have time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello everybody

Long story short: as a backup plan to apply for university very soon, I registered myself for A-Level Biology, and started studying in February. I've finished the coursebook (actually, the CGP revision and practice books), which I understand quite well, although I don't remember a lot very precisely. I learn and remember much better as I review the material.

Since then I've been reviewing with all the videos I can find, re-reading notes, reading extra material etc.. First exams (units 3 and 6) start next week. I'm studying as much as my brain will allow, and I'm also finishing my math a-level study, and my final piece of university master's work. I may have been a bit rash in registering myself for the a-levels.

I'm not expecting a great mark, that would be unrealistic. But I'm curious what I would need to get right to achieve a C, possibly a B, if I'm lucky.

Does anyone know?

Thanks a lot in advance.

What exam board is this? a2 exams aren't until June
Reply 28
Original post by Sacred Ground
What exam board is this? a2 exams aren't until June

Edexcel, but it's the international a-level biology. All the AS are this month, but there is one A2 exam. The Unit 6 exam is next week on Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending