The Student Room Group

what is camden school for girls like for boys entering the sixth form?

I hear a lot about CSG getting good results but I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about the atmosphere, how they settle the new students into the sixth form etc etc. Obviously from people who have been or are attending now. I recently got into the school but am contemplating what the younger years are like to boy sixth formers?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

I've got an offer too, I'm coming from Marylebone girls so using that as a frame of reference as that sixth form is mixed too. I would say that your probably quite a lucky group, boys get a lot of friends really easily as pretty much all the girls want to be friends with a guy. The younger years are never really bold enough to do anything, maybe a few giggles. I think there was once a letter sent to a sixth former from a Year 9 but he didn't really care and the girl grew out of it. Overall, you'll probably find making friends easier than the girls so have fun.
[QUOTE=adventurelust;64241789]I've got an offer too, I'm coming from Marylebone girls so using that as a frame of reference as that sixth form is mixed too. I would say that your probably quite a lucky group, boys get a lot of friends really easily as pretty much all the girls want to be friends with a guy. The younger years are never really bold enough to do anything, maybe a few giggles. I think there was once a letter sent to a sixth former from a Year 9 but he didn't really care and the girl grew out of it. Overall, you'll probably find making friends easier than the girls so have fun.
Thanks for the help. Probably will see you there! How come you don't want to stay at Marlybone?
Original post by 1234567890w1
Thanks for the help. Probably will see you there! How come you don't want to stay at Marlybone?

I really feel like a change and although I don't want to do music at A level, Camden has a really good music department but Marylebone's is going a bit downhill. I got in to Camden on a music place and really didn't expect it so I'm going to take the opportunity. Which other schools have you applied to?
[QUOTE=adventurelust;64242357]I really feel like a change and although I don't want to do music at A level, Camden has a really good music department but Marylebone's is going a bit downhill. I got in to Camden on a music place and really didn't expect it so I'm going to take the opportunity. Which other schools have you applied to?

I only applied to Camden and Marlybone. I only got into Camden. I also applied to the music orchestral course but not sure if I got that place. My friend who is grade 8 violin doesn't even know yet so yeah. When did you get the letter?
Original post by 1234567890w1
I only applied to Camden and Marlybone. I only got into Camden. I also applied to the music orchestral course but not sure if I got that place. My friend who is grade 8 violin doesn't even know yet so yeah. When did you get the letter?

I got my letter a couple of weeks ago and it didn't say anything about the music orchestral course but I live so far away that I wouldn't have got in without it. I know that competition for violins was really tough, my sister applied and didn't get it, so maybe they didn't get in, what's your instrument?
I've got an offer for Camden too! What subjects would you guys be doing?
History, Spanish, Politics and at the moment I have an offer for drama as my fourth but I want to change that to classics
Are you internal or external?
External, you?
Same so I don't know how they'd be about you wanting to change your course because it said somewhere that if a course was full they would reject your application
On the website it says that if students haven't been offered a place then they can come along on the 31st of August and see if their subjects fit in, so I guess that'll be my opportunity. I also know people in year 12 currently at Camden and they've said it should be good.
Original post by mani119
Im a year 12 boy at Camden and you will have no problem settling in.:smile:
And the youngers dont do much, they just look at u but you will get use to it

Thanks!!
Reply 14
Original post by adventurelust
I've got an offer too, I'm coming from Marylebone girls so using that as a frame of reference as that sixth form is mixed too. I would say thaat your probably quite a lucky group, boys get a lot of friends really easily as pretty much all the girls want to be friends with a guy. The younger years are never really bold enough to do anything, maybe a few giggles. I think there was once a letter sent to a sixth former from a Year 9 but he didn't really care and the girl grew out of it. Overall, you'll probably find making friends easier than the girls so have fun.

HA ha gigggleess lol
I would really like some advice of my own on CSG. Replies would be greatly appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest