The Student Room Group

Unjustified school suspension

Been suspended from school for 2 days, have a fairly clean record, with it being exemplary the last 2 years, is there anything I can do to appeal this suspension?It was for throwing grapes, however there was 8 or 9 people doing it and only 3 of us got suspended
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why were you throwing grapes in the first place? That was a childish thing to do.

You might be able to appeal.
Suspended for throwing grapes? That sounds ridiculous, my school often hasn't suspended people that got involved in actual fistfights. Are you giving us all the relevant detail here?
Original post by tiernancusack
Just been suspended from school for 2 days, have a fairly clean record, with it being exemplary the last 2 years, is there anything I can do to appeal this suspension?It was for throwing grapes, however there was 8 or 9 people doing it and only 3 of us got suspended

It's a bank holiday today....
Just been suspended from school for 2 days, have a fairly clean record, with it being exemplary the last 2 years, is there anything I can do to appeal this suspension?It was for throwing grapes, however there was 8 or 9 people doing it and only 3 of us got suspended

This depends what your school's discipline policy is (you might be able to download it from their website). Every school should have a suspension and exclusion policy, and if you can't access it online, request it as soon as possible. Generally, if you feel that it is a disproportionate punishment and that suspending you will be detrimental to your academic progress then you should put this in writing to your head of year or whoever gave you the punishment. You may find that you get a better response if this comes from your parents. If I was in your situation, I'd have my parents phone this person and request a meeting ASAP to discuss why you/they feel that this is inappropriate. Obviously though, you shouldn't have been throwing grapes and you will have to accept some sort of punishment for this. Regarding your rights, the Gov.uk website has some info (linked below).

https://www.gov.uk/school-discipline-exclusions/exclusions
So many people falling for the troll - it's bank holiday today, so no school :tongue:
Original post by toronto353
It's a bank holiday today....

Didn't say today I said 'just'
Didn't say today I said 'just'

'Just been' implying very recently, i.e. today.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Suspended for throwing grapes? That sounds ridiculous, my school often hasn't suspended people that got involved in actual fistfights. Are you giving us all the relevant detail here?

Yep but they said my class has a record for doing it and we've been 'warned'
'Just been' implying very recently, i.e. today.

Ie recently but not today
Original post by Charlotte49
This depends what your school's discipline policy is (you might be able to download it from their website). Every school should have a suspension and exclusion policy, and if you can't access it online, request it as soon as possible. Generally, if you feel that it is a disproportionate punishment and that suspending you will be detrimental to your academic progress then you should put this in writing to your head of year or whoever gave you the punishment. You may find that you get a better response if this comes from your parents. If I was in your situation, I'd have my parents phone this person and request a meeting ASAP to discuss why you/they feel that this is inappropriate. Obviously though, you shouldn't have been throwing grapes and you will have to accept some sort of punishment for this. Regarding your rights, the Gov.uk website has some info (linked below).

https://www.gov.uk/school-discipline-exclusions/exclusions

Appreciated
Ie recently but not today

Just is an intensifier, so here means very recently. I'm not getting into an argument of semantics with you. I think that you're probably trolling. If not, then take your punishment, by the time you appeal, it'll be over and you were in the wrong.
Nope but I think we should all be punished equally
Just is an intensifier, so here means very recently. I'm not getting into an argument of semantics with you. I think that you're probably trolling. If not, then take your punishment, by the time you appeal, it'll be over and you were in the wrong.

Don't think I'd waste my time writing 2 forums for the sake of a troll
Don't think I'd waste my time writing 2 forums for the sake of a troll

If you get a reaction, of course you will.
bit childish, but whatever you think
Original post by Airmed
Why were you throwing grapes in the first place? That was a childish thing to do.

You might be able to appeal.

How exactly I have a meeting tomorrow
bit childish, but whatever you think

Yes it is, but each to their own. 'have a fairly clean record' also suggests that there's more to this story than meets the eye.
You deserve it, I'm sure
Yes it is, but each to their own. 'have a fairly clean record' also suggests that there's more to this story than meets the eye.

3 formal school detentions in 5 years is what I mean by fairly clean record with none since 2014

Quick Reply

Latest