The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wavefunction
Maybe I'm overreacting slightly, but have you ever considered therapy/counselling for your low self esteem?

That's way out of bounds brother.

sr90 is your OG and you should respect him as such.
Girl I knew from school (we'd talk but weren't close and haven't spoken since we left) keeps liking all my pics on FB and IG. She also sent a message on Messenger as well as one on my timeline on my Birthday. Pretty sure she has a BF from her pics.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Was Lucio giving tips on getting girls?

Abort thread guys
Original post by IamJacksContempt
What kind of job is it you're looking for?

And getting a girl is basically a numbers game. The more you try it with, the more likely you'll be to "catch" one.

Except i'm the sort of person who'll get rejected once and think i'm an oxygen thief who will die alone.

Maybe I'm overreacting slightly, but have you ever considered therapy/counselling for your low self esteem?

I've had years of counselling :colonhash:
Original post by rEaR vIeW
Girl I knew from school (we'd talk but weren't close and haven't spoken since we left) keeps liking all my pics on FB and IG. She also sent a message on Messenger as well as one on my timeline on my Birthday. Pretty sure she has a BF from her pics.

Spoiler

Just being friendly in a hoeish way tbh

And since when did you get insta?!

Spoiler

she wants the D

shame you're muslim/a homo
Original post by swirly
That's way out of bounds brother.

sr90 is your OG and you should respect him as such.

Just looking out for a player x

I got that reference and I've never felt so hip

I got that reference and I've never felt so hip

The first one or second?

mirin if you caught the first reference
Original post by difeo
she wants the D

:rofl:
Reply 2809
Fots.
Original post by swirly
Just being friendly in a hoeish way tbh

And since when did you get insta?!

This is what I thought tbh.

0.8 ratio on IG, but I follow a lot of celebs so it'd probs be 1.5 when they're removed

Original post by difeo
she wants the D

She's basically a poor man's Taylor (blonde, long legs, hoe, mediocre face)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swirly
:rofl:

Source: my sig

Spoiler

:lol:

She's just being friendly man, allow reading into it so much! :tongue:
If she was texting you every day or calling you loads then yeah it'd look like she's interested in you. She only said hbd and messaged you once.

She's basically a poor man's Taylor (blonde, long legs, classy, incredible face, talented, intelligent)

Posted from TSR Mobile

you should go for it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The.Joker

If she was texting you every day or calling you loads then yeah it'd look like she's interested in you. She only said hbd and messaged you once.

lol pls leave, what do you know about girls
Reply 2815
Awwww @rEaR vIeW had his first like on social media from the opposite sex
Original post by difeo
lol pls leave, what do you know about girls

I am a girl, I know how women work. :colonhash:
At least I think I know...

Yeah probably. I just thought it'd be interesting to see what people thought of it, mainly so I know if it is acceptable for me to do that to others.
Original post by difeo
you should go for it

Would rather go for the Selena lookalike I know tbh

Original post by SA-1
Awwww @rEaR vIeW had his first like on social media from the opposite sex

Still one more than you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I'd be prepared to drop to 21k somewhere like Manchester or Leeds (doubt i'd consider anywhere else) for the right opportunity. As i'd need to make friends in the area i'd firstly look for a random house share rather than a flat, and those will be dirt cheap i'm sure.

Losing weight would probably help yeh,i'm not a porker like Steve Bruce but I definitely need to trim down. When I was in school I was playing football to a high level and was really in shape, and even then I hated my appearance so much. I think thats the main reason why I haven't joined a gym.

I suppose age is the issue too. I'm 25 and I haven't even kissed a girl before, you don't really expect a bloke my age to be frigid and inexperienced. I have absolutely no issues talking to women as most of my friends are/have been girls, i've just never really attempted to do anything with anyone.

Yeah, both of those cities will have a lot of national/international businesses so there's the possibility of working your way up there and then transferring back to London for instance :smile:

That's understandable - when you go to uni you pretty much replace exercise with alcohol and that's never gonna go well :tongue:

I wouldn't get too hung up about your age - you're only 25 man. It's not like you're pushing 30, you have plenty of time and people do things later and later these days anyway.
Maybe that's it; you know how to talk to girls but only as a friend. You don't really know how to subtly let them know you're interested or make a move.

As long as you aren't socially retarded and have some good conversation, it'll happen man.
You just need to work out to yourself how you're gonna build your confidence up because it's way too easy to do nothing and pretend you aren't bothered about it. The longer you leave things, the more you'll accentuate your flaws and we all know here you're a decent guy.

Original post by Dirtybit
Was Lucio giving tips on getting girls?

Abort thread guys

Excuse me? :colonhash:

m8 pls, I have a Psychology degree :frown:

Nah man - she definitely likes him.
The fact she's liking all his pictures means she's actively going specifically on his profile.

Lets be srs here, girls seldom want to make the first move - if she's liking his pics and messaging him, there's definitely something going on there :biggrin:
I am a girl, I know how women work. :colonhash:
At least I think I know...

See above, you're clueless m8 :wink: