The Student Room Group

ill during exam period

post removed

Scroll to see replies

You will have to stay at a teachers house from when your peers are in the exam room till when you start it another day.

This is to stop you from getting answers from them.
You need proof from a doctor that you're ill. You provide that to your school and they advise you.

But frankly, this is usually for people you are very sick on the day of their exam, to the extent that attending the exam is impossible. You're complaining about feeling a bit poorly with over 2 weeks to go before your exam. My advice is to suck it up because what you're complaining of now isn't ground to miss an exam.
you still have 2 weeks to recover... you'll be fine if its a virus like fever... if its more serious then go to the GP :yep:
If you're still very ill closer to the start of exams then go see a doctor and ask for proof of illness.

But given your symptoms might improve in this time frame, and given the doctor may refuse, my advice would be to prepare as though you are going to take the exam on the 17th. You don't want to be left unprepared
Reply 5
There may be special exceptions but the exam board will need to be informed and provided with evidence and they may give you your predicted grade or let you resit another date or something I think
if you have a doctors note you get your predicted grade

get well soon
Reply 7
I was really ill during my A2 exams and I still did them. Mitigating circumstances can be put in but you will need a doctor's note.

Btw, if you feel like the iron tablets aren't working, go back to the GP and get a blood test/see if they will up the dosage. They do work though, because I was also anemic during my A2s and it went away with iron tablets (though it is coming back again unfortunately).
Reply 8
i was ill during my exams but i had to suck it up lol, try being ill while anemic and on your period. you just have to get on with it. You wont get off your exams with a cold/flu.
Reply 9
Your first exam is on the 17th? Mine is R.E on the 16th.
It might be worth asking your GP for injections if the tablets aren't doing much for you? :smile:
I heard somewhere that if you're off ill, you get the grade you got from your mocks (correct me if I'm wrong).
i know how you feel! i am really ill and my first GCSE english language exam is tomorrow:frown:
Original post by 2016_GCSE
You will have to stay at a teachers house from when your peers are in the exam room till when you start it another day..

This is not true.
I have the same problem :frown:

I've missed a lot of school because of it!
Original post by caitlinford3
if you have a doctors note you get your predicted grade

The exam board doesn't know your predicted grade. You can be awarded marks if you miss part of the assessment but you have to have taken at least 50% of it for this to be possible.
My brother's AS exams were in the middle of his kidney transplant process, so he sat his exams on dialysis in a hospital room by himself with an external invigilator and a nurse there too- talk to a doctor/school nurse or see if you can arrange to sit it in another room in the school? My friend had a similar virus and felt faint too, so she was allowed to sit it in another room to 'calm her down' and she claimed it helped.

Sleep it off, have baths and stay hydrated then all should be well b
Original post by Compost
This is not true.

Lmao sleepover w/ your head of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 18
That's weird, I have those exams too. b1,b2,b3 and aqa french. Are you feeling confident? I'm not
Oh, poor you :-(, I am so ill right now, I can barely leave my bed. I'm doing as much revision as I can but my eyes hurt, my head hurts, I can't concentrate at all. I'm glad I'm ill now though because I've still got fifteen days until my exam so hopefully I won't be ill on the day :-)

Quick Reply

Latest