The Student Room Group

American west

'Describe the difficulties faced by people migrating West in wagon trains in the 1840s'

I have 2 points which are bad weather and bad terrain but I don't have a third point. Could anyone help me?
You could talk about the hostile Indians trying to attack. The mormons arranged themselves in a circle at night to protect them from attacks and this is a reason why they successfully migrated
hope that helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Wordnerd2
You could talk about the hostile Indians trying to attack. The mormons arranged themselves in a circle at night to protect them from attacks and this is a reason why they successfully migrated
hope that helps.

Thank you!:biggrin:
Original post by Wallflower1
Thank you!:biggrin:

Its okay, history gcse eh?
Reply 5
Its okay, history gcse eh?

Yeah ://
I do American west, medicine and surgery, what about you?
Reply 7
I do American west, medicine and surgery, what about you?

American west, crime & punishment and impact of war on Britain. I wish I did medicine and surgery, sounds much more interesting
You could also write about how they had little supplies such as water in the bad conditions which could also make the journey difficult
Health issues, lack of supplies... Bison were dying out after decades of overhunting, and seriously, the health issues were legit. Disease was a HUGE killer. Thousands upon thousands of people died going west.
Original post by OliviaBaggaley
You could also write about how they had little supplies such as water in the bad conditions which could also make the journey difficult

Thank you!:smile:
Original post by sjohnson98
Health issues, lack of supplies... Bison were dying out after decades of overhunting, and seriously, the health issues were legit. Disease was a HUGE killer. Thousands upon thousands of people died going west.

Thank you for your help!:biggrin:

Anytime!

Let me know if you need anything else! Also, this is far from accurate (it's not horrible but Vox did a piece on what's better) but may be something you didn't grow up with on your side of the pond and it's fantastic: https://archive.org/details/msdos_Oregon_Trail_The_1990

Quick tip: Name the members of the wagon party after people you hate. And be the banker.
Original post by sjohnson98
Let me know if you need anything else! Also, this is far from accurate (it's not horrible but Vox did a piece on what's better) but may be something you didn't grow up with on your side of the pond and it's fantastic: https://archive.org/details/msdos_Oregon_Trail_The_1990

Quick tip: Name the members of the wagon party after people you hate. And be the banker.

American west, crime & punishment and impact of war on Britain. I wish I did medicine and surgery, sounds much more interesting

There is tonnes to learn for medicine but its better than some of the choices

Quick Reply

Latest