The Student Room Group

I met this guy online and we exchanged numbers...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
He seemed like a nice enough guy. Worst case scenario I'd have to change my number which isn't the end of the world. It is a bit weird...

It would be for me as i have had my number for 7 years luckily it has a block feature.

Lool @ good IT skills. Trust me.. If i felt uncomfortable then I would run a mile.... Ok now he just texted me to say he wants a hug... Erm

I'm sorry but this guy is a weirdo dosen't seem very mature either. If i was a guy i wouldn't be so idiotic and needy to say to someone who i have not met or know well enough i want them to hug me he seems like such a charmer.
Original post by chikane
That's great to know that people exchange numbers in clubs but we are talking about online dating which the op has met this guy on and only known this guy for a week. I would have continued talking to him on the site before giving my number incase he turns out to be a creepy clingy weirdo which he is beginning to show signs of.

I don't understand why there are different rules implied here. I've met plenty of weirdos in person, some of which I knew for weeks before exchanging numbers. Weirdos are everywhere, not just on the Internet. I know from experience.
I don't understand why there are different rules implied here. I've met plenty of weirdos in person, some of which I knew for weeks before exchanging numbers. Weirdos are everywhere, not just on the Internet. I know from experience.

Thats fine but im saying I would not trust people with my number from my experience you are free to give your number to whoever.
Original post by chikane
It would be for me as i have had my number for 7 years luckily it has a block feature.

I'm sorry but this guy is a weirdo dosen't seem very mature either. If i was a guy i wouldn't be so idiotic and needy to say to someone who i have not met or know well enough i want them to hug me he seems like such a charmer.

I've had my number for about 15 years but it's really not that deep. The block function is a blessing.

He didn't necessarily mean he is looking to Hug me. Maybe hes just feeling down about something. Who knows?
I've had my number for about 15 years but it's really not that deep. The block function is a blessing.

He didn't necessarily mean he is looking to Hug me. Maybe hes just feeling down about something. Who knows?

You know him better than we do.
Reply 25
We spoke on the phone the night we exchanged numbers and I was very surprised about the things he remembered from my profile. I joked about a particular genre of music I liked and then he made reference to it. He showered me with compliments and asked to see more pictures of me. So i sent one of my face, he asked for a full length and I directed him to my instagram, he cropped a me out of a group photo and sent it to me with a lovestruck emoji.

Should I be Cautious of his behaviour or is this normal guy behaviour?

How do you know it's not a middle aged fat man
Search this The Dangers Of Social Media ( Predator Social Experiment) Girl Edition!
Original post by L1U1x1o
How do you know it's not a middle aged fat man
Search this The Dangers Of Social Media ( Predator Social Experiment) Girl Edition!

Lmaooo he isn't. I know that much!
Reply 27
Lmaooo he isn't. I know that much!

Ask him to video chat, you would gain far more in a conversation where you can see each other, and it will give you confidence in that you can trust each other
That's very odd. I would advise caution at the very least.
I didn't feel uncomfortable until he cropped me out the picture lmao. I just thought who does that? Then again I've had guys screenshot pictures they like of me and send it to me, but this seems a little different. I've heard it all, I was so ready to give up on online dating and then he came about.

Are you offended that he likes you? Seriously now.
inb4 anon thread about this guy asking for nudes.
Original post by ripjonsnow
inb4 anon thread about this guy asking for nudes.

😂 I would definetly block him at this point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending