The Student Room Group

Print off past papers or...?

I'm just wondering, do you guys prefer printing off past papers or doing the papers off the computer and writing the answers on pieces of paper? I know that when you print off past papers, it's less distracting. But I feel like I'm wasting waaaay too much paper and ink?? (btw there are huge issues with the printers at my school so that's not much of a choice now... and whenever i ask my teachers for papers, they tell me to print them myself.. . .)

tbh i know this sounds stupid but does it matter if you print off papers or do it off the computer? mind you, my subjects are all sciences + maths ... like would this 'method' of revision have an impact
I prefer printing off past papers for my Science subjects.

Maths not really.
Reply 2
Original post by eftio.gea
I'm just wondering, do you guys prefer printing off past papers or doing the papers off the computer and writing the answers on pieces of paper? I know that when you print off past papers, it's less distracting. But I feel like I'm wasting waaaay too much paper and ink?? (btw there are huge issues with the printers at my school so that's not much of a choice now... and whenever i ask my teachers for papers, they tell me to print them myself.. . .)

tbh i know this sounds stupid but does it matter if you print off papers or do it off the computer? mind you, my subjects are all sciences + maths ... like would this 'method' of revision have an impact

I do prefer a hard copy, but I have to pay for printing, so personally, I just use the computer.
It doesn't matter all that much though I tend to end up copying down more of the statement of the question by using a computer, so that my answers make sense if I want to look back over them.
I prefer writing on past papers but it's too expensive, so I just write my answers on a notepad
Hard copy. You should really have a laser printer at hime. they dont cost much.
When I don't have to pay, definitely hard copy!! Even if it's just the condensed version which just contains the questions, and then I use filing paper...

Mainly because it means I can shut my laptop/electronic devices, and not be so tempted to distract myself!
Reply 6
For long A Level maths questions (Mechanics questions especially), I used to quite like writing my answers on a mini-whiteboard.

The downside is you don't keep your answers unless you take photos. But that never used to bother me.
I like to print out the questions then do the answers on a separate piece of paper so I can reuse the question papers.
Reply 8
I print them, double sided to save paper. :colondollar:
I don't feel like I'm in the exam mode/condition when I do them on a computer.

Quick Reply

Latest