The Student Room Group

Is she lying or am I paranoid?

Hi, I've been withy girlfriend for 9 month. Couple of months into our relationship we had several arguments and we temporarily broke up. Allegedly, she got with someone else to get rid of me. Few weeks later we clarified matters and she swiftly explained that the reasons why she was with him was because she wanted me gone, nor did she want to think of me. I took her word and we got back together. However, I have suspect feeling she liked the guy, without sounding paranoid there's multiple reasons why. Some of the texts messages exchanged during the time I was absent revealed that she had been slagging me off somewhat to him, they were constantly talking saying I love you blah blah blah; the usual nonsense. Nonetheless, I took her word as she said she is no longer speaking to him. However, very recently he messaged her and they subsequently exchanged messages. Some of the things she said were comments like: why did you lead me on, you said you love me? He responded saying he was sorry, he merely took her as a friend and nothing more. Moreover, he messaged saying he wanted to come and see her, to which she responded come down i shall make a decision. Apparently, after I saw the messages the reason for them was to show me that she wasn't, in actual fact, in a relationship with him in the first place. Moreover, she insisted she never liked him it was nothing more than getting me off my back. Surely, this cannot be plausible as no girl would make suck comments like that for the point they're proving? Am i just paranoid or is she lying?
Reply 1
She liked him more than he liked her and as she couldn't have him she is back with you but her ego is dented from being rejected so she says that she went with him to get over you.
As you broke up she was free to do whatever she wanted with whoever she wanted but also there is something missing in your relationship if she wanted this guy to love her.
(edited 7 years ago)
she's vile you should never have gotten back together with her
She sounds very immature and self centred by playing games with peoples emotions.

To be frank, she does not sound like the type of person who can be trusted. So what changed in your relationship? Why did she get back together with you after all the things she said about wanting to be rid of you?

You have every reason to be wary but only you are in this relationship and are able to make decisions about it. Tread carefully and if it feels wrong, then it probably is.

Actions speak louder than words. Go with your instincts.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by england100
Hi, I've been withy girlfriend for 9 month. Couple of months into our relationship we had several arguments and we temporarily broke up. Allegedly, she got with someone else to get rid of me. Few weeks later we clarified matters and she swiftly explained that the reasons why she was with him was because she wanted me gone, nor did she want to think of me. I took her word and we got back together. However, I have suspect feeling she liked the guy, without sounding paranoid there's multiple reasons why. Some of the texts messages exchanged during the time I was absent revealed that she had been slagging me off somewhat to him, they were constantly talking saying I love you blah blah blah; the usual nonsense. Nonetheless, I took her word as she said she is no longer speaking to him. However, very recently he messaged her and they subsequently exchanged messages. Some of the things she said were comments like: why did you lead me on, you said you love me? He responded saying he was sorry, he merely took her as a friend and nothing more. Moreover, he messaged saying he wanted to come and see her, to which she responded come down i shall make a decision. Apparently, after I saw the messages the reason for them was to show me that she wasn't, in actual fact, in a relationship with him in the first place. Moreover, she insisted she never liked him it was nothing more than getting me off my back. Surely, this cannot be plausible as no girl would make suck comments like that for the point they're proving? Am i just paranoid or is she lying?

The fact that she is still messaging him proves that she's thinking about him. I have been with my boyfriend for almost two years and at the start I was messaging other people until he told me if it carried on he couldn't be with me. So I stopped and it was the best thing I did. You need to put your foot down. It's not about being bossy or controlling, it's simply being in a relationship. You don't message other people. But you need to be honest, otherwise how else is she supposed to know?
I would ditch her, nothing worse than someone who plays emotional games

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending