The Student Room Group

Statisitics excel

How would I do this in excel?

I have four age groups all measuring different heights: How would I test for difference between the groups at 0.01 level of significance? Would I use ANOVA?

Also - how could I establish which group is different from the others at the 0.01 level of significance?

Thanks xx
Original post by kategeo
How would I do this in excel?

I have four age groups all measuring different heights: How would I test for difference between the groups at 0.01 level of significance? Would I use ANOVA?

Also - how could I establish which group is different from the others at the 0.01 level of significance?

Thanks xx

If you are going to do this in Excel (something that I would not recommend) then you need the Data Analysis ToolPak add-in installed. The you can follow one of the many online tutorials such as this one.

Note that doing the second test (identifying the group that is different) will mess up the nominal significance levels, and strictly speaking, you should adjust for the multiple testing. Whether you should do this depends upon the context of the question (is this a "real" question or an exercise?)

Quick Reply

Latest