The Student Room Group

Unpopular opinions?

Mine:

This Leicester thing isn't a story, they spent their way out of the championship by paying silly money for average at best players, Matt Mills cost them £5m which shows how recklessly they've spent

England is only struggling at the moment to produce players as the media are hyping up them when they're young and/or general bad luck such as injuries or a bad off the pitch life.

THIS IS A FOOTBALL THREAD NOT A GENERAL THREAD. UNPOPULAR FOOTBALL OPINIONS ONLY
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bush did 9/11.
Disliking Leicester is the new cool....
Cardamoms are nice.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BrianMcEgg
Mine:

This Leicester thing isn't a story, they spent their way out of the championship by paying silly money for average at best players, Matt Mills cost them £5m which shows how recklessly they've spent

England is only struggling at the moment to produce players as the media are hyping up them when they're young and/or general bad luck such as injuries or a bad off the pitch life.

That second statement is like saying Water is wet - first is fair but by comparison to the top teams that they wiped the floor with this year the general public/media consensus is fair.
Reply 5

The tiniest bit of research shows that this isn't true, they have the 4th cheapest squad in the league.

Matt Mills, well they made £2m back on that (talk about net spend, fella), and when you also get Vardy and Mahrez for a combined £2m that kinda averages out as pretty good spending.
Reply 6
Original post by difeo
The tiniest bit of research shows that this isn't true, they have the 4th cheapest squad in the league.

Matt Mills, well they made £2m back on that (talk about net spend, fella), and when you also get Vardy and Mahrez for a combined £2m that kinda averages out as pretty good spending.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/alletransfers/verein/1003 they spent £13m in the 2011/12 season, at the time even a couple of million was big money at championship level
The OP has to be a Spurs fan.
Reply 8
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/alletransfers/verein/1003 they spent £13m in the 2011/12 season, at the time even a couple of million was big money at championship level

But by "this Leicester thing" you mean the PL win right... no one is saying their Championship win 2 years ago is incredible. They're talking about their PL win which involved spending far less than the opposition
The Leicester thing definitely is a story. To win the league with a starting XI that cost less than Lamela is a hell of an achievement, no matter what the detractors say.

Mine would be:

- Guardiola is massively overrated and has taken Bayern backwards if anything.

- Danny Drinkwater is ****. Loses the ball far too often and is made to look good by the players around him.
Original post by JamesN88
The OP has to be a Spurs fan.

Im a Reading fan actually :P
rubicon drinks are vile
I hate avocados :frown:
Everyone like me

Spoiler

That gift cards are a pointless waste of money that limit your options and must be simply destroyed at once. Just give me the money in cash gosh darn it. :tongue:
Original post by difeo
But by "this Leicester thing" you mean the PL win right... no one is saying their Championship win 2 years ago is incredible. They're talking about their PL win which involved spending far less than the opposition

I think I'm a bit more pedantic with what I define as a story. I only see this as a major sporting triumph that will never be forgotten. For me, a story involves a span of a decade of dominance or a non-league team making their way up to the top with almost no money, for me that is a story
Original post by thefatone
Everyone like me

Spoiler

B-but I do... :cry2:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
B-but I do... :cry2:

I know you like me but i know no-one REALLY likes me that much ......
Hillary should be President
LVG needs to stay and f*** united up a little more, let the others have some silverware

Quick Reply

Latest