The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by jospence
So in England it wont be what Hong Kong's paper was???

yeah
omg 1 hour untill our exam, has anyone done it yet? or know what it could be
One hour good luk
Reply 703
hi may i ask what zone any of you guys are in.i am in zone 5 and i just did the exam.if any of you find a passage about miss salmon it is really tricky. read the passage very carefully. i lost marks cause i didn't.
Reply 704
i am sure the passage there will be a twist in the story. my advice is read it VERY carefully. good luck everyone.
im in the uk where do you live?
which time zone you talking about bc im from the uk
Original post by ckzsjkc
i am sure the passage there will be a twist in the story. my advice is read it VERY carefully. good luck everyone.
Reply 707
im not from the uk sorry
Praying its anything but a news report or speech or dialogue. Love me a diary or journal tho :biggrin:

Good luck to all!!! 0500 first language paper 2 in the uk. Anyone else doing the same?
Original post by ckzsjkc
hi may i ask what zone any of you guys are in.i am in zone 5 and i just did the exam.if any of you find a passage about miss salmon it is really tricky. read the passage very carefully. i lost marks cause i didn't.

What were the questions, do you have any other advice about how to answer them?
What points did anyone get for question 2?
I've heard it's gonna be a journal for the UK exam. Thats what a certain arka pandit and Jack manning-press believe anyway and they are reliable sources
Original post by Eng_Lang_Guide
I've heard it's gonna be a journal for the UK exam. Thats what a certain arka pandit and Jack manning-press believe anyway and they are reliable sources

Hiya is this 0500 or 0522
It was pretty easy but read the passage for q1 at least twicev and caefully coz it was tricky
Will marks be deducted if you cross the word limit?
It was better than I expected. I barely finished but at least I am satisfied with what I answered on the paper. If it was a newspaper it would of struggled but thankfully it was a letter
Reply 717
that was good. questions were poorly written (especially question 2)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
it went really well, although I went over my space for the letter, is it ok?
Reply 719
I literally only had 10 seconds to spare at the end :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending