The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natha_Lite
Anyone else finally get their letter today. Slightly confused as to how my scores got me a place, but I'm not complaining!

Out of interest, what were your scores like if you don't mind me asking? I felt mine were low to even get me a place on the waiting list so I'm just wondering how far out I was of getting a proper offer...
Original post by Rich_JW95
Out of interest, what were your scores like if you don't mind me asking? I felt mine were low to even get me a place on the waiting list so I'm just wondering how far out I was of getting a proper offer...

My scores were 3, 4, 2, 3, 1, 2. What were yours if I may ask as well?
My scores were 3, 4, 2, 3, 1, 2. What were yours if I may ask as well?

Ah, I see :smile: Mine were 4, 4, 5, 3, 2, 3. I know it's all relative to everyone else but I'm kind of bummed about that 5... You're still quite a bit ahead of me though and I'm on the waiting list/not outright rejected!
Ah, I see :smile: Mine were 4, 4, 5, 3, 2, 3. I know it's all relative to everyone else but I'm kind of bummed about that 5... You're still quite a bit ahead of me though and I'm on the waiting list/not outright rejected!

I hope you hear some good news soon! :smile: Were you at the offer day by any chance?
I hope you hear some good news soon! :smile: Were you at the offer day by any chance?

Thank you, me too! Nervously waiting to hear about where I am on the waiting list next Friday. I was indeed! I take it you were? Sorry we didn't meet if so! The day made me REALLY excited, I feel like I have to get a place now haha.
Thank you, me too! Nervously waiting to hear about where I am on the waiting list next Friday. I was indeed! I take it you were? Sorry we didn't meet if so! The day made me REALLY excited, I feel like I have to get a place now haha.

Indeed I was! I know what you mean I'm looking forward to getting started, I definitely didn't regret my choice. Good luck, hopefully we meet in September :biggrin:
Glad to finally get some feedback even though I have picked Swansea I was really fond of Nottingham too, my scores were: 3,1,2,2,2,2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387
I'm on the waiting list also, and my scores are: 1,3, 3, 3, 4 & 5.
Did they tell us we're ordered based on GAMSAT scores, I cannot remember?
Original post by CON94
I'm on the waiting list also, and my scores are: 1,3, 3, 3, 4 & 5.
Did they tell us we're ordered based on GAMSAT scores, I cannot remember?

I'm pretty sure they do take our GAMSAT into consideration, yes. They ordered everyone by the sounds of it into bands A, B and C and then ranked us by GAMSAT for initial decisions so I would have thought the system for ordering holds true for the waiting list. At least we can get some better idea of our chances next Friday when they let us know of our waiting list positions anyway!
Well been nice chatting to you guys. Not sure why they bother putting so many of us on the waiting list... Position 29. Sigh. Fingers crossed for Swansea.
Original post by neuronerd
Well been nice chatting to you guys. Not sure why they bother putting so many of us on the waiting list... Position 29. Sigh. Fingers crossed for Swansea.

Hmmm that's interesting, I'm also position 29
Reply 391
I'm also at position 29...
Original post by PhilboBaggins

How did you find this out? I got the email from Sarb about UCAS automatically rejecting but it didn't mention mine, so I emailed her and she said she hasn't told anyone yet but will on Friday as was intended.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha looks like there has been a screw up there. Not gonna fight you for it :wink:
How did you find this out? I got the email from Sarb about UCAS automatically rejecting but it didn't mention mine, so I emailed her and she said she hasn't told anyone yet but will on Friday as was intended.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was right at the bottom of the email. £10 says you are position 29...
Reply 395
I just spoke to Sarb, who said she didn't put anything about positions on the waiting list.
Seems like she means there are currently 29 people on the list and it has just been horribly worded!
Haha looks like there has been a screw up there. Not gonna fight you for it :wink:

Nah you're welcome to have it :wink:, made my revision a bit easier knowing there's a **** up
Original post by Jim28_9
I just spoke to Sarb, who said she didn't put anything about positions on the waiting list.
Seems like she means there are currently 29 people on the list and it has just been horribly worded!

Not so much poorly worded as a mistake: I can inform you that you are at number 29 on the waiting list

Original post by Jim28_9
I'm also at position 29...

Haha, I'm also position 29! Looks like someone has copy-pasted the email and forgotten to change the number.

I was going to say that I was hoping to be higher than 29 on the waiting list, hopefully a mistake was made somewhere.
Just had my track notification of rejection.. I know I'm still on the waiting list but it's still a bit disheartening seeing it say that I have been rejected haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending