The Student Room Group

Grow Your Grades...Prize announcement!

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=merve cetin;63893507]can i join please

Entries have closed for this year so you can't make a blog in the GYGs forum but if you wanted to do one there's a few blogs in thr GCSE/ A level forum and you could put yours there instead :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by kennethdcharles
@Tank Girl a bit late, but you didn't quote me:frown::biggrin::u:

Oh no :frown: I'm sorry! I've added you to the list for any future

Original post by merve cetin
can i join please

Sorry! The competition is closed for this year :frown:
Hi Everyone!

I'm gunna be taking over from @Tank Girl on the Grow your Grades competition from now :elefant:

And it gives me great pleasure to announce that the next MINI PRIZE COMPETITION is now open for entries!

This time we're looking for the best REVISION RESOURCES - so that could be flashcards, mind-maps, notes, posters, or anything else you can think of!

All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is upload a picture, document or PDF or post a link to a resource you've made using the TSR Study Tools. (You don't have to use our tools in order to win btw, but we would love it if you did!)

We'll be judging them based on the following criteria:

Design and Layout

Are they easy to read and follow? Are they clear and understandable?

Detail and Depth

This doesn't mean your flashcards have to hold your whole course, but we'd like to see an appropriate amount of detail on each resource.

Creativity

We'd like to see creative and innovative details in your study resources.

However! Overall it's up to you how you present it - after all, its first function is to help you learn! We'd love to see all your resources, along with how they've helped you, and how you utilised them for yourself.

The deadline for this competition is 2nd May, and the winner will be announced on the 4th May. Please post them on this thread to enter.

Winner gets:

£35 Amazon Voucher

:king1: Good Luck Everybody! :king1:

Just so you know...
This is only open to Grow Your Grades entrants- your entry will not be counted if you don't have a blog... however you don't have to join in with this if you don't want to.

This will not affect your chances of winning the main prize.

Please chose up to three of your best resources to enter.

Do we post them here or on our own blogs?
Awesome, I'd love to enter! Should we post our entries on our blogs?
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi Everyone!

I'm gunna be taking over from @Tank Girl on the Grow your Grades competition from now :elefant:

And it gives me great pleasure to announce that the next MINI PRIZE COMPETITION is now open for entries!

This time we're looking for the best REVISION RESOURCES - so that could be flashcards, mind-maps, notes, posters, or anything else you can think of!

All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is upload a picture, document or PDF or post a link to a resource you've made using the TSR Study Tools. (You don't have to use our tools in order to win btw, but we would love it if you did!)

We'll be judging them based on the following criteria:

Design and Layout

Are they easy to read and follow? Are they clear and understandable?

Detail and Depth

This doesn't mean your flashcards have to hold your whole course, but we'd like to see an appropriate amount of detail on each resource.

Creativity

We'd like to see creative and innovative details in your study resources.

However! Overall it's up to you how you present it - after all, its first function is to help you learn! We'd love to see all your resources, along with how they've helped you, and how you utilised them for yourself.

The deadline for this competition is 2nd May, and the winner will be announced on the 4th May.

Winner gets:

£35 Amazon Voucher

:king1: Good Luck Everybody! :king1:

Just so you know...
This is only open to Grow Your Grades entrants- your entry will not be counted if you don't have a blog... however you don't have to join in with this if you don't want to.

This will not affect your chances of winning the main prize.

You can only have one entry.

@Mayhem™ @Ace C @kennethdcharles

When it says you can only have one entry does that mean we can't have entered say flashcards and posters/mind maps? Or can we do both?

And also where do we post them?

Original post by jessyjellytot14
Do we post them here or on our own blogs?

Original post by Bhansongal98
Awesome, I'd love to enter! Should we post our entries on our blogs?

Please post your resource in this thread to enter :h:

Original post by brainzistheword
When it says you can only have one entry does that mean we can't have entered say flashcards and posters/mind maps? Or can we do both?

And also where do we post them?

Good point actually - I think it would be a good idea to enter your best two or three resources into the competition. And please post them on this thread for us :parrot:
*adds reminder to phone to take a picture of my colourful stats notes :smile:*
Geog rev (2).jpg

This is the first of my resources and I have made many more than just in this picture. Not only is it great for my subconscious when they are on the wall, but the fact they are hand drawn means it helps me take in the info whilst making them. They are literally on every bit of spare wall I can find :smile:

Secondly, I've made online flashcards and my Physics ones in particular, cover the entire course in small bitesize chunks https://www.brainscape.com/packs/6874190/invitation?referrer=1904487
I posted these on my GYG thread and I know many people have signed up for them which is great because I have managed to help out others too :biggrin:
Apologies for the poor quality photo :colondollar:
PicMonkey Collage 1.jpg

This is part 1 of my entry, these are the flashcards I have done to aid my history revision, this is my Civil Rights Movement Timeline. On each card is a separate key date to the Civil Rights Movement. I have included a close up of one of said cards. It just has key info on it. They are on my door, and I read through a line before I leave my room, most of the time.

Hope I'm not too late!

[sorry for poor quality]
(edited 7 years ago)
PicMonkey Collage 2.jpg

This is part 2 of my entry! (It wouldn't all go into one post, I don't know why!) This is one of the posters I've done, for History as well! This has a lot of key info in different colours in order to help my revision. The close up is about the Cold War. This is on the wall next to my desk so I see it a lot.

[again, sorry for poor quality]
Grr reminder came up as I stepped onto a train :frown: <adds new reminder for when I get home>
I made some posters for my bedroom wall, sorry that my handwriting isn't that great :tongue: but it's basically a colour coded, fun-ish way of revising and having something to show for it, but I'll talk about it in my actual thread :tongue:

Spoiler

A lovely error message when I go to upload the pictures :frown: will try once more and then I give up :frown:
Ok still not working so I can't upload the stats notes. I still want to enter though so I'm entering the documents on the second post on my thread here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=60267175#post60267175
(sorry, I know you wanted them on here but they won't upload so thisnis the best I can do)
Will see if the stats notes will upload on my laptop tomorrow (and have a sulk of they do a day later)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Lemur14
A lovely error message when I go to upload the pictures :frown: will try once more and then I give up :frown:
Ok still not working so I can't upload the stats notes. I still want to enter though so I'm entering the documents on the second post on my thread here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=60267175#post60267175
(sorry, I know you wanted them on here but they won't upload so thisnis the best I can do)
Will see if the stats notes will upload on my laptop tomorrow (and have a sulk of they do a day later)

Go to imgur.com, upload your pictures there and then just use the insert image -> from link -> paste imgur link in here.
Thanks for your entries everyone! Competition is now closed - winner to be announced tomorrow! :bl:
Original post by Zacken
Go to imgur.com, upload your pictures there and then just use the insert image -> from link -> paste imgur link in here.

Thanks, will do that next time I need to upload an image as it is too late now :frown:
Reply 98
Original post by Lemur14
Thanks, will do that next time I need to upload an image as it is too late now :frown:

You can simply edit your post to insert the images, I doubt they'll mind.
Original post by Zacken
You can simply edit your post to insert the images, I doubt they'll mind.

I expect they've already judged it but I suppose it is worth a try :smile: Will go onto my laptop and add them now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending