The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
remember BP2 was about her feelings towards his behaviour and not just his behaviour, making it more difficult...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was hella baffed with question 2. The others were easy but question 2 ****ed me up. I wanted an A* but it looks like I'll have to settle for an A oh well
Original post by Rajive
Is it me or; Question 2 paragraph B had almost no descriptive words?:colonhash:

Yeah but i found that i couldn't find any words for either :/ Also don't you think the questions were worded a little odd.
Reply 743
HEY GUYS!! I just finished the english lang exam. How was it for you? I was doing paper 2
Bad paper for me aswell :/
Original post by ellamoon_22
I messed the paper so much :frown: i want to cry

Same :frown:
Reply 746
Original post by mint.skyscrapers
Ive failed and I'm so upset i didnt use many points my punctuation was pretty poor and my handwriting was terrible and i didnt do question two properly and i wrote too much for the summary

Hey, dont worry about it :smile: If it helps, you'll probably still get a high grade because of percentile :smile:
Reply 747
I nearly ran out of time to complete question 3b. There was 5 more minutes left so I just rushed my points. I pray I got atleast 30 or late 20's to secure that A.
Reply 748

I did too ugh. Which varient did you do? I did 22
'Settle for an A lol I'd be happy with a B.

Question one A3 was kinda hard. I was this close to just writing divorce. Mr. Head is a douchnoodle.
Reply 750
Original post by hello654321
It went bad for me, I spent like an hour on question 3 trying to get it perfect, then like 40 minutes on question 1 and only managed to get 3 - 4 crap paragraphs in for question 2. Really upset :frown: anyone think I can still get 34??
Question 2 was really difficult to find phrases. I think that as long as your Q1 and 2 are strong so say about 31-33 you should be fine. As long as you mentioned the overall effect, you would probably get into band 3
Original post by vasuxx
Hey, dont worry about it :smile: If it helps, you'll probably still get a high grade because of percentile :smile:

Thank you
Thanks! I remember... It was a very hard pape, the hardest I've ever seen not gonna lie. You could've perhaps put that she thinks he's irresponsible or childish or immature perhaps? Maybe?
(edited 7 years ago)
I was also running out of time, question 3 part B was literally like 5 lines and only half the points.
Reply 754
Original post by MariumKazmi
Yeah but i found that i couldn't find any words for either :/ Also don't you think the questions were worded a little odd.

It was really odd, I am hoping I got 25 so I can get my B and leave English forever.
Original post by vasuxx
I did too ugh. Which varient did you do? I did 22

Reply 756
The writers effect question was so unfair it was like the description wasn't even great.

Overall I found it pretty easy though hoping for an A* but I'd settle with an A too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive failed and I'm so upset i didnt use many points my punctuation was pretty poor and my handwriting was terrible and i didnt do question two properly and i wrote too much for the summary

Guys, it's alright. Something I find common is that people will often think they have failed, when in reality, they have done better than they expected. Try not to worry too much :smile:
I didnt write the overall effect for q 2 but did 4 mediocre paragraphs each-is that okay??
Reply 759
Original post by Rajive
Is it me or; Question 2 paragraph B had almost no descriptive words?:colonhash:

OMG YES!! please tell me you did varient 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending