The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Are people still waiting to hear from UEA??
Anyone put Keele as their firm or Brookes as their insurance?
Has anyone firmed UEA?
I have been offered a place at Cardiff uni 'conditional upon obtaining an nhs funded place' does anyone know what this means? I thought all places for Cardiff are automatically nhs funded, is that not the case? Or does it just rely on me applying for the bursary? Thanks
Reply 2544
Is there anyone else is here still waiting to hear back from St george's? I had my interview with them back in feb but still haven't from them yet :frown:
Original post by itsnev
Are people still waiting to hear from UEA??

Yepp
Original post by martslo
Anyone put Keele as their firm or Brookes as their insurance?

Hey, I've firmed Keele! :smile: Super excited to get started this year.
Finally chosen Teesside as my firm and Leeds Beckett as insurance! Has anyone else on here firmed Teesside?
Original post by Nish12
Is there anyone else is here still waiting to hear back from St george's? I had my interview with them back in feb but still haven't from them yet :frown:

yes I am but I had my interview last week. They will be replying to a load of people tomorrow from our interviews so maybe if you don't hear anything by tomorrow morning, give them a call.
Original post by Nbreeze
I have been offered a place at Cardiff uni 'conditional upon obtaining an nhs funded place' does anyone know what this means? I thought all places for Cardiff are automatically nhs funded, is that not the case? Or does it just rely on me applying for the bursary? Thanks

Yes, it just means that you need to be eligible for the NHS bursary, there are very few courses that aren't NHS funded for physio but Cardiff definitely is (this year anyway!) So now you have your offer, you can apply for the bursary.
For the NHS bursary application my parents p60 for the year 15/16 have not come yet. Do I just have to wait?
[QUOTE="02PC03;64550049"]For the NHS bursary application my parents p60 for the year 15/16 have not come yet. Do I just have to wait?[/QUOTE

Has anyone heard back from Huddersfield University? Also tomorrow is the deadline for firming your unis through UCAS! I had unfortunately got 4 rejections all post interview! And Huddersfield I don't know what the outcome will be yet regarding an offer? Two questions! If I had an offer from them and firmed it then I wouldn't have an insurance choice right? Also if I had all 5 rejections what would I have to do? Or have to do through UCAS? If anyone could help I would be extremely greatful as I am stressing now as I haven't received any offers😭😭
Reply 2552
Finally chose Birmingham at the weekend, with York St john as my insurance.Also had an offer from Brunel University which I really liked. I was very lucky to get 3 offers and would have been happy to go to any of the 3, which made it a very hard decision.
Original post by Toile
Finally chose Birmingham at the weekend, with York St john as my insurance.Also had an offer from Brunel University which I really liked. I was very lucky to get 3 offers and would have been happy to go to any of the 3, which made it a very hard decision.

This is my dilemma - I've received offers from Cardiff and Oxford Brookes, currently sat trying to make a pros and cons list hahaha. For me Cardiff would be a very convenient place to study not much would have to change (it's my second degree) and the course is great, I know the city well and know I like it.

Oxford would be a massive change for me a big re-location, probably really exciting a new place (also scary). And again the course is great and I like that the cohort is so small.

I really can't decide between them I don't know what to do! (Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining I feel so grateful to be in this position having a choice, I just want to make the right choice!)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2554
Original post by moonandstars
This is my dilemma - I've received offers from Cardiff and Oxford Brookes, currently sat trying to make a pros and cons list hahaha. For me Cardiff would be a very convenient place to study not much would have to change (it's my second degree) and the course is great, I know the city well and know I like it.

Oxford would be a massive change for me a big re-location, probably really exciting a new place (also scary). And again the course is great and I like that the cohort is so small.

I really can't decide between them I don't know what to do! (Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining I feel so grateful to be in this position having a choice, I just want to make the right choice!)

Have you tried flipping a coin? Your gut reaction might help tell you what you really want!
[QUOTE="Emma2898;64552365"]
Original post by 02PC03
For the NHS bursary application my parents p60 for the year 15/16 have not come yet. Do I just have to wait?[/QUOTE

Has anyone heard back from Huddersfield University? Also tomorrow is the deadline for firming your unis through UCAS! I had unfortunately got 4 rejections all post interview! And Huddersfield I don't know what the outcome will be yet regarding an offer? Two questions! If I had an offer from them and firmed it then I wouldn't have an insurance choice right? Also if I had all 5 rejections what would I have to do? Or have to do through UCAS? If anyone could help I would be extremely greatful as I am stressing now as I haven't received any offers😭😭

Hey yeah I heard from Huddersfield a few weeks ago and firmed their offer. My insurance is sheff Hallam and has exactly the same grades I just put it as a just in case. If you don't get any offers I'd suggest going through UCAS extra. But Huddersfield took ages to reply to me. I hope you get an offer 😊
Original post by Nika15
Have you tried flipping a coin? Your gut reaction might help tell you what you really want!

Haha yeah I might actually try that now!! Xxx
Anyone here firmed Notts? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="h_springer63;64554867"]
Original post by Emma2898

Hey yeah I heard from Huddersfield a few weeks ago and firmed their offer. My insurance is sheff Hallam and has exactly the same grades I just put it as a just in case. If you don't get any offers I'd suggest going through UCAS extra. But Huddersfield took ages to reply to me. I hope you get an offer 😊

Aw thank you! And so do I:smile: I had my interview with them all the way in January! I emailed a lady on their admissions team last month and she got back saying I was borderline regarding an offer and would have to wait till the end of April to hear, except now its May so called them today and should hopefully hear a response tomorrow! I loved Sheffield Hallam, had an interview in Jan and then got a rejection last week. Beyond gutted! Thank you for your help, would rather not do extra but will have to wait and see. Thanks again :smile:
I applied to Brunel through extra and just got an offer this evening (I was interviewed last Friday) Finally 😊😊😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending