The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Who used the extra space provided at the back cuz I used it I don't know if the examiner will see it though. And who else put a signature for Maria? Do you get credit for that?
Original post by k.m.b
bee-hive! those jokes are not honey!

Spoiler

M8 I still haven't even finished the content :tongue:
Original post by alan_jjj
Haha Ikr
I ended up writing it had connotations of strangling and struggling suggesting over crowdedness

im so pissed because i defined it wrong i described how it could mean rude or some stupid sh*T

ffs i was aiming high as well...
Original post by Aubergineator
I signed it off with 'lots of love, Maria' or something along those lines because she was writing to her friend wasn't she?

I wrote the exact same
Exam was easy :smile: omg soo happy
My friend told me that to work out the overall mark it is,:

(exam mark) + (coursework mark) + (0.835 x speaking and listening mark) = overall mark (out of 125)
Anyone know last years grade boundaries? Think I did so bad in the exam after hearing everyone else's answers.
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
M8 I still haven't even finished the content :tongue:

:redface: what subjects are they?
Can someone tell me the overall mark including coursework and exam that u need for an A?
Thanks
Reply 909
Original post by DJShaji
They times your speaking by 1.2 . For example in the end say you got 30 - Cambridge would divide that by 1.2 and you'll get 25.

So for you, you got 23.3 (not sure if they round) and 46 which brings you to a total of 69.

I did the paper in November (2015 early entry)and it was 104 for A*, 94 for an A etc. Thus you would need 35 in the exam which isn't too bad - provided grade boundaries don't change

Make sense?

Do you know how many marks you needed to get a B? That's all I'm aiming for now, seeing as I signed off as myself in the exam😥
To go visit her husband in hospital
To talk more to the locals (rafters and Al)
To explore the architecture further
To write a positive review for the hotel
To go for a trip to the waters (stating that there is no longer a "pain in the neck")

I wrote these for A3 -- do you think they're okay?
Reply 911
Hello, apparently you had to start in a specific way... i completely missed this!
How many marks would i lose?
Original post by mint.skyscrapers
Thank you ive got 19 left

Same! 😶
Original post by 0lut0
Who used the extra space provided at the back cuz I used it I don't know if the examiner will see it though. And who else put a signature for Maria? Do you get credit for that?

They won't read it if you didn't put at the end of the question of the original lines (see additional pages) or something along those lines. Maybe they will if they're feeling nice though! :smile:
Original post by k.m.b
:redface: what subjects are they?

Add science and history
Original post by qwerty1024
To go for a trip to the waters (stating that there is no longer a "pain in the neck":wink:

I wrote exactly the same as you! Apart from the last point you made😊 So yeah, they are fine, I think!
I ended with 'Yours faithfully, Maria R. Head or something like that. Is that right?
Reply 917
Original post by qwerty1024
To go for a trip to the waters (stating that there is no longer a "pain in the neck":wink:

looks good although it was said iirc that they were going to pick him up from the hospital, it was only some light bruising, so there's no need to visit, rest of your points look good mate
overall, the exam was imo easier than previous papers
Original post by ellamoon_22
Question 2

Para 4 general effect is beauty and there is a sense of awe?

Phrase(roughly): orange trees laced with sun- metapharical phrase showing beauty of sun etc lace is a soft word links to the embroidered gown or weddings i dont even know

Gifted writer :she is talented

Entranced: hs is mesmerized stood in awe and speechless

I forgot tge rest of what i was gonna type but here is an idea

The quotes I used was the one about sandy roads and the one about the white washed walls and orange trees being laced by the sun for part a

For part b I used 'tatty trinkets' and the rainbow of produce and sourced ingredients.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending