The Student Room Group

Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anal_Prolapse
Here this iMZee guy is a right ****

Dat name though
Original post by IMissTheTruckles
Well from the little of it I've attempted you appear to need to use a vlookup for the 'Tide start' and 'Tide end' on the selection page.

unless someone thinks you're supposed to do it a different way, im open to suggestions?

Can you send your solution please
oooOOoOoooooOOOOHhhHHhh patsy enters my *******
The spreadsheet is so short this year its almost certain theres gonna be extra sheets added in the exam :/

I haven't really had a chance to look at it much yet but last year there was no vlookups at all, from a quick glance over it looks like we will need to use vlookups for this one.

just fyi, im sure most people have noticed this but there is two hidden sheet on the spreadsheet this year.

Yeh I saw however the October one is outdated its in 2014. But it shows how the data is worked out through sine cosine in radians mode here's a website that helps in understanding depth in and depth out. http://www.sailtrain.co.uk/navigation/theightanchoring.htm
The spreadsheet is so short this year its almost certain theres gonna be extra sheets added in the exam :/

I haven't really had a chance to look at it much yet but last year there was no vlookups at all, from a quick glance over it looks like we will need to use vlookups for this one.

just fyi, im sure most people have noticed this but there is two hidden sheet on the spreadsheet this year.

Where would you use Vlookups???
Original post by chloexdownes
what does everyone think about the pre-release? is it straight forward, any predictions what the formulas might be?

Not many solutions but there is definitely going to be more pages added :/
Original post by abasuita
The pre-release is out! Looks fairly straight forward, any thoughts on what the formulae will be?

Have you found any ideas for formulae yet?
comment on the reliability of the data is a possible question

any answers?
why is there a October tide spreadsheet?? Is that to any relevance?
Reply 29
I have started to use Vlookups, Countif and If statements to the document and they seem to look correct. Can anyone else send me their version to see if i'm actually doing it right?

(I am doing the exam this year)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hussnane
I have started to use Vlookups, Countif and If statements to the document and they seem to look correct. Can anyone else send me their version to see if i'm actually doing it right?
(I am doing the exam this year)

Yeh sure mate can you send me yours too
one of the formula is =IF($A14="Bird Sanctuary",IF(D14>1.8,1,2),IF($A14="Upton Manor",IF(2.5<D14<6,1,2),IF($A14="Matildas Secret",IF(D14<=4,1,2),IF($A14="Fingals Cave",IF(2.5<D14<6,1,2),IF($A14="Wilson Falls",IF(D14>1.6,1,2),IF($A14="Seal Flats",IF(D14<=3.8,1,2),"error"))))))
Does anyone have any ideas for the activity 1?
Original post by lastminutelaura
Does anyone have any ideas for the activity 1?

Probably make notes on the scenario ie:
Unit 3: The Knowledge WorkerNotes:X = Tidal wavesBird Sanctuary: x >1.8m Seal Flats: x <= 3.8m Bridgeof Sighs: viewed on the way to Upton Manor also way back 2.5m < x < 6mUpton Manor: Bridge has to be passedMatilda’s Secret: no requirements however can only be seenif it’s x <= 4mWilson Falls: x > 1.6mFingal’sCave: 2.5m < x < 6mTrips:Monday, Wednesday and FridaysStart up: 09:00, 10:00, 11:00 or 12:00 5
When are you guys sitting for your exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Chinu_Cheeku97
When are you guys sitting for your exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

26 may
whens urs
Reply 36
Original post by SEBT32
26 may
whens urs

26th!?? mines on the 25th. Why is it set in different days...?
Original post by SEBT32
26 may
whens urs

Mine too! Good luck!
Original post by Denim68

Um that's because we had a window from 23rd to 27th. We had to choose a day. Your school must've chosen 25th
Original post by Denim68

here youre posting the questions on this thread as soon as youve done this exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending