The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Butternuts96
That's really commendable. Very impressive. You're in the minority of muslim women. If only the majority of other muslim women thought like that but no, they prefer high-flying careers and think nothing of opposite gender interaction. Keep it up.

Original post by HAnwar
I'm a girl lol
I would prefer to stay at home, I would only work if my husband wanted me to.

I'm genuinely not sure if you're serious or not...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rEaR vIeW

Posted from TSR Mobile

dw dude im a muslim girl and i can't even comprehend their way of thinking for me studying is everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dead serious :smile:
Original post by MevMev
dw dude im a muslim girl and i can't even comprehend their way of thinking for me studying is everything

There's a difference between studying and working.
Studying is of major importance as you need to have an education.
Original post by MevMev

I saw he uses IslamQA as his source, all credibility lost. The major elephant in the room is the fact he said women can't work due to their being mixed-gender interactions. So if this isn't permitted for a woman, how is it for a man?

Original post by HAnwar

Fair enough. I guess that's your choice, which I respect as long as you don't believe Islam prohibits women working (even in the UK). Out of interest, the people who prefer a stay at home wife, what do you expect to be earning? Just wondering if it's people on for £100k jobs who know they don't need the extra money, or whether they're willing to live under constraint with a housewife.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar

soz b studying and working in the same field I'm studying in :smile:
Original post by MevMev
soz b studying and working in the same field I'm studying in :smile:

That's fine, your choice :smile:
I saw he uses IslamQA as his source, all credibility lost. The major elephant in the room is the fact he said women can't work due to their being mixed-gender interactions. So if this isn't permitted for a woman, how is it for a man?

Fair enough. I guess that's your choice, which I respect as long as you don't believe Islam prohibits women working (even in the UK).

nah of course a muslim woman is allowed to work what nonsense honestly
as long as she doesn't touch men unnecessarily thats fine innit

I don't see why it wouldn't be permitted. Otherwise, it would be pretty hard to earn a living in the West.
Maybe 25-28. I'm a female although I would probably end up marrying in my thirties,
Reply 211
female, 21 lol

Spoiler

Fair enough. I guess that's your choice, which I respect as long as you don't believe Islam prohibits women working (even in the UK). Out of interest, the people who prefer a stay at home wife, what do you expect to be earning? Just wondering if it's people on for £100k jobs who know they don't need the extra money, or whether they're willing to live under constraint with a housewife.

No it doesn't, but there's certain conditions for both men and women.
Original post by HAnwar
No it doesn't, but there's certain conditions for both men and women.

Yes, conditions that are to be met in an idealistic environment, ones which cannot be fulfilled here. The best course of action here is to limit the frowned upon activities and meet the criteria as best as can be met. There's nothing to suggest that it's ok for men to do this and for women not to when the rules are laid out for both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, conditions that are to be met in an idealistic environment, ones which cannot be fulfilled here. The best course of action here is to limit the frowned upon activities and meet the criteria as best as can be met. There's nothing to suggest that it's ok for men to do this and for women not to when the rules are laid out for both.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but in Islam there's no NEED for a woman to work even though she may want to.
Male. Got married at 20 alhamdullilah.
Original post by Anonymous
Male. Got married at 20 alhamdullilah.

go on spill you're story
advice bro i would like to go down the same path
Original post by HAnwar
Yes but in Islam there's no NEED for a woman to work even though she may want to.

Are you suggesting a family living in central London, with 3 children, can survive (comfortably) on the male being on an average wage (say £25,000)?

To say there is no need is just flat out wrong. When a Muslim woman goes to her GP, would it not be better if she could see a female doctor? When she goes to an all girls high school, would it not be better if the teachers were all women? When she goes to her bank, dentist, hairdresser etc etc. Because being in the same room as a male alone is also impermissible in Islam, if taken literally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you suggesting a family living in central London, with 3 children, can survive (comfortably) on the male being on an average wage (say £25,000)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wouldnt mind having kids but i live in london.
Original post by Anonymous
Also, if it's not obvious from your username, put whether you're male or female.
I'd like to be married by 25 - female.

23 In sha Allah

Latest

Trending

Trending